Chapter 4

- f o u r -

It had been two months since Aurora didn't get the new job. And unfortunately, the confidence she had on herself was receding down with her savings.

The first month was normal to her until she paid rent to her apartment and realised what if she didn't get the job in two or three months, what if she couldn't be able to send the monthly money to her parents, what if and what if. Her mind was drowning down in the mud-swamp of what-ifs when Spencer asked her to shift with them. At first, she wasn't ready for that but after so many requests of Spencer, she finally shifted to Spencer's.

She didn't tell her parent that she lost her job. Even she send them monthly share which she post them every month.

Everything was still in control until Atlas got ill and admitted to hospital.

Although he got released from hospital after two days and his condition was improving but he wasn't eating anything properly. It was like his energy got drowned in illness. And looking at him, lying restlessly on his bed, Aurora was feeling desolated every second.

And after all this, Aurora needed a job at anyhow. Not because her savings were receding or she had to send the monthly part to her parents and Atlas was also ill, in fact, she wanted it for all these reasons.

It was Monday when Aurora was sitting in the office of her gay best friend, Eden who worked for the job-searching firm and at that second, he was searching for jobs for her.

While searching on his laptop, he asked. "Did you tried online?"

"Yeah, I get the e-mail from kindergarten to teach last week. But I didn't go. I thought-well leave my thoughts." Aurora signed." I want a job now. That's it. It doesn't matter it's Kindergarten or Care-taker."

Aurora Morris was an A grade child since school. From examination copy to the basketball court, she aced in everything.

Might be because of that, she was too confident about the next job that she declined many job offers in starting. But when the time shows you that place which never thought in a dream, a person gets ready to do any adjustment in her life.

She sat there while glancing at laptop screen time-to-time in the expectation that her friend was going to surprise her by telling any job offer but when himself sighed in regret and spatted his desk, her expectations ruined.

Sitting back on the chair, she bite her nails while thinking and then she requested."Please, anything. I'm fine with management too. I just want a job, it can be teaching, managing, selling...or anything."

Taking the huge breath, Eden came back to his work after pulling back his spectacles.

Eden Bruise was a school friend of Aurora. Although they never talked a lot in school time, their friendship bloomed after school.

Eden was always got teased and sometimes bullied by other school-teens for being different. He was being mocked-up by others for being a gay but Eden never accepted it. But Aurora always supported him either in front of him or in his back.

It was just after school when he realised he couldn't hide like this. So for the first time, he accepted his sexuality on social media and Aurora was the first person who supported and solaced him. And since then, their friendship started and now they were best friends.

Eden always took care of her sister as he never had one. So seeing her like this was also stressing for him. After a long search, Eden finally found some profitable stuff for her. "Okay, I have something in management and wait-" he was going to tell her the job of an assistant when he noticed another job vacancy in the same company. "Listen there are two job offers in the same company. One of Head of computer operator team and second is of the personal assistant."