Chapter 2

- t w o -

"They don't look good together. She is too short." Spencer tried to console her friend. It was one the stupid trick which every friend try on her friend.

Aurora looked at the bride and groom. They both were looking happy as it was the best day of their life they were waiting for. But she was downhearted. Her smile turned upside down and she replied, crestfallen. "It doesn't matter."

"No Aurora, look at her. You are far better than her."

"But he loves her. So these things don't matter now." she leaden.

Sitting there for a few seconds, Spencer lifted her head and commented. "He doesn't have a good choice."

Aurora glanced at her friend and then tilted her head to glare at the bride. That girl was just beautiful with a soft voice and long brunette hair but Aurora—she was full of everything.

Of course, Aurora was better than her in many ways. So what she wasn't that beautiful, she was surely interesting than her. Realising this fact, Aurora boasted."Well, he doesn't."

"See, I told you."

Flicking her lock back in the air, she suited. "Of course, I'm better in every matter. Cancel the beautiful part but at least I'm average in it."

But from inside, she knew she was just trying to bluff herself.

Spencer chuckled at the cheeky comment of her friend. "Exactly. She is too ladylike. Like those clumsy chicks who wants man support. That's the reason he married her so that he can be the hero in her eyes and she could live around him under his shelter."

Aurora thought about her statement. Wasn't it true that all man wanted to be a hero of his girl's life? "Don't every man wants that?"

"No dude, not every man is like this. A true man wants her lady to be free." Spencer stated in a hope that her friend would understand it.

But as we know, it's hard to explain anything to a broken heart, especially when it's practical and sensible.

She looked back at her with scrutinising eyes. Something strike in her mind and she turned toward Spencer's boyfriend and muttered, "River, do you like to take care of Spencer?"

"Of course."

She twisted herself on the chair and looked at River, resting her right hand on the head of the chair. "If you would be filthy rich, will you still made Spencer work?"

"Not at all. I will let her stay at home and enjoy. I would try to give her all happiness and joy. Even now, I'm just letting her work because she is too stubborn and I don't want her to be sad. Plus she has a valid reason to work. Once the bakery gets settled perfectly. I will request her to retire." River smiled, looking above at the ceiling. He was looking like he had just imagined everything in front of his eyes. He didn't have any idea what he was going to suffer after his heart-disclosure.

Aurora quickly turned back to Spencer and stated. "See every man is like this. Every man wants his girl under his shelter."

Spencer grinded her teeth. She was definitely flared by his statements. Born as feminist it was far beyond her tolerance. But as she loved River, she couldn't do anything. " I will talk to you at home.", she mouthed.