Chapter 8

- e i g h t -

"Wait" Aurora hollered on her lungs to stop the lift. It was the first time she was getting late in those two weeks of her new office.

She was wishing that lift should get stop because if Alaric reached the office before then her, he was going to make her work extra hours or will deduct the salary of half a day. And she didn't want any of it.

Gripping her bag tightly, maintaining the balance on her plum flats (as she can twist her legs in plums too) and holding a box full of chocolates and files, she tried to reach the lift with the best possibility. Somehow, the door of lift reopen but her smile disappeared as she saw there was Alaric standing inside.

'Like day can't start with a better face.' she mumbled to herself in a sarcastic manner. On the other side, Alaric was standing with a small leather briefcase bag in his hand and another hand in his pocket. He was looking away from her in the act to ignore her, though he knew that it was her who was screeching loud in the hall to stop the lift and now she was just standing at the door while carrying lots of stuff with her.

She entered the lift by greeting Alaric with dull face and one other side she wished liftman for his birthday with the chocolate balls and candies she was carrying."Open it"

And when that old man opened the box with his wrinkled hands, his smile reached to his eyes. "Chocolates," he replied, with the gleam of joy in his eyes.

"Eat in your free time. They will melt like a smooth. And those candies have a surprise inside."

Aurora especially asked Spencer to make her special chocolate sweet which she made on a special occasion. And from River, she asked for candies, though she had helped him with candies.

But that old man couldn't control himself to pick on a piece from it and ate it."They are really good. Thank you so much."

Aurora smiled as her heart felt a great joy and relief seeing him happy. He offered the box to Aurora and she picked one of the chocolate from the box. When she was going to eat she saw Alaric was looking at her hand.

She pressed her lips in a smile as she could see the greed in his eyes for that chocolate. And without thinking, she extended her hands to offer the same chocolate to him.

As she offered him the chocolate, his gaze got finally broken from it and shook his head in no.

But Aurora couldn't help to smile more. She knew that he was staring at chocolate and he surely wanted it. Of course, he was a sweet tooth and she noticed that thing in these two weeks.

Few days before when she entered his office after lunch, he was still busy eating chocolate cupcakes with great amusement and closed eyes with head leaned back on his chair. At that second, Aurora left his room, giggling under her breaths but she got it that he loved chocolate. He was looking like a five-year-old child who was busy eating his favourite cake without bothering about the people around him.

But this time when he denied, she knew it must be a tough deal for him. He wanted it but he only denied because it was Aurora, the girl with whom he couldn't get friendly. And all reason goes to their small history. He surely couldn't take that because it would look like he forgave her for her past behaviour.

For the first time, it wasn't irritating for her to see he didn't like her. In fact, she had the half wicked smile on her face while she ate the chocolate. Of course, it was his loss to loose those heaven-made-chocolate-balls.

She was enjoying the last bite of it when that old man extended that box to Alaric and without looking at her, he took the chocolate from it."Thanks."