Chapter 29

- t w e n t y n i n e -

It was Aurora. Her eyes were closed in the fear yet she was trying to fight her best. Alaric forgot everything and went stunned and Aurora didn't realise she should screech for help. But just after a second, she did. "Spencer!"

Then only, he came back from his thoughts and quickly covered her mouth before she could shriek again to let everyone know.

She opened her eyes. Her eyes gaped as his hands touched her mouth but as she saw him and heard his voice, calling her name, she went relaxed, though her heartbeat was still out of pace.

"Have you gone mad?" he whimpered, removing his hand from her mouth. It was an abrupt moment that as his hands left her lips, vacant from his touch, he felt her breathe fanned on his mouth and he went numb. His gaze centred on her face and he got dazed.

Everything around them faded away and so as the thing in their mind. The time ceased for them and they were totally drowned in the moment. Alaric's one hand was holding his body weight while from the right hand he was holding her wrist. They both were looking in each other when Aurora rolled down her gaze, slowly toward his lips. She again glanced back toward his eyes before staring back at his lips.

She gulped in her throat as she didn't know what she should do next. A part of her mind was saying to lean a bit closer while other was saying to stay where she was.

She was bewildered and frightened both, her breath was trapped in her throat and she felt like her heart got dislocated from its usual place.

On the other side, Alaric was in the same tension. He didn't know that the thing which his heart was saying to do was right or not. What if she started disliking him again after he tried to kiss her? Or even slapped him but then why she didn't make any move like looking away or sitting back.

He didn't lean closer but his eyes went again on her lips. Pink, heart and natural. His mind went so concentrated on her that he forgot where they were.

But then with a blink of eyes, he threw all of his thoughts and moved back. Aurora also stood up and sat, pinning her locks behind her ears, scarcely aware of what she was feeling at that moment.

On the other side, Alaric was feeling culpable. He wouldn't have pushed her down on the floor. God knows what she must be thinking of me. Was she shocked by seeing me or she also wanted to kiss?

He shook his head by resisting those thoughts. Of course, she was shocked and disgusted.

Aurora, at the same moment, was biting her lips and looking at the ceiling, thinking. 'Damn, it was so hot.'

She bite her lips by getting drown in her lusty thoughts. Shamelessly, she was thrilled. Though she didn't know how to react at that time, she couldn't deny to herself that her cheeks redden scarlet by finding him close to her.

She quickly closed her eyes tightly, rubbing her face and removing all of her vulgar thoughts. She couldn't believe that she wanted to kiss him. But the truth was she wanted to. The reason could be anything but she couldn't mould the truth to herself that she wanted to close the distance between them and crash her lips on him.

But it was wrong. She couldn't push herself on anyone, just because she was having the hormonal issue.

She started feeling guilty. But then, Alaric turned and apologised without making any eye contact with her, " I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"