Chapter 24

- t w e n t y   f o u r -

Yeah, so they can't run away,” she mumbled, still dealing with heavy breath. She closed her eyes for a second but then turned to him to ask for his phone.

As he took it out from his coat pocket, Aurora noticed the bruise on his hands, “Your knuckles ”, she said in dismay, taking his hand in hers.

His knuckles were bruised red and his nose was also bleeding. For the first time in her life, Aurora Morris felt regret over her decision of stopping by the roadside for ice cream, as he had warned earlier about the place not good and safe but she didn't pay any heed.

And in the result of her stubbornness, he got bruises and a bloody nose. Yeah, it must not be obvious for a rich guy belonging to one of the most affluent business families, to get into brawls like this one. Yes, it wasn't normal for Aurora too but he got injuries somewhere because of her.

He stretched his hand in front of her to offer his phone. She looked at him for a second when he kept driving then she took the cell and made called to the police informing about the happening, they just faced.

The officer was supportive and loaded the FIR but told her to pay a visit to the police station with the other victim of violence, here it's Alaric.

"Now, are you happy?" Alaric inquired as she cut off the call.

"I would be if you can stop the car at the side for a second." She whispered almost soaked in some thoughts.

"I would have no problem but there is no ice cream truck anywhere." He replied with a kind of smirk this time.

Aurora looked up at him with a plastered face as she took his banter as a taunt but kept quiet as he was hurt.

"Okay don't give me your karate chop. I was just kidding." He cleared himself and stopped the car at side.

"Where's the first aid kit?" She asked him checking the desk board.

"First aid? Oh, it's okay. We should get home first." He replied holding her hand which she had been moving in front of him at the dashboard.

She looked at him in return and they shared a look for a moment, still like that She leaning towards him, her hand in his hand.

'How cute and innocent he looks at times.' She thought to herself gazing his face closely.

"Please, I insist." her eyes started to turn Misty out of guilt and he got it's better to let her do what she wanted.

He tilted his seat back to grab a small box from under the seat and handed it to her.

She held the box and looked around herself than him with confused looks at her face," Can you please come out for a moment?" Finally, she said when he didn't react at her silent plea.

"I think this will work better inside the car," Alaric suggested.

"No. Let's come out. There is too much suffocation inside the car."

Aurora was right. After their fight, they both were just running away, panting for the air which was hell stressful. They did need some fresh air and soothing light of the moon.

He finally agreed and stepped out. Aurora smiled brightly at his acceptance and jumped out from the car too.

Placing the small box at the bonnet of the car she rubbed her hands with excitement while beaming at him at the same moment.

"I never saw anyone so excited to give first aid to anyone." Alaric chuckled at her excitement, sitting on the bonnet at she instructed.

"I never got a chance to give first aid to anyone. At college, I use to blow others but first aid! No, never." She replied pulling some cotton from the small pack of it from the box.