Chapter 10

- t e n -

Alaric was dragged out by his best friend to the club. He wasn't the party person who got excited on the name of a club night, in fact, he was sort of person who would love to spend time with family and friend at house, reserved dinner evening and sometimes vacation with them.

But when his best friend had gulped the pills of stubbornness, he couldn't help himself to deny the plan.

There was one more reason, Alaric didn't want to go to the club. His best friend, Nate, was showing him different options to date after he broke up from his last relationship.

It wasn't like he was still thinking of his ex but after all this one year of a relationship, he didn't want to jump back in that endless well.

When they entered the club, he saw that Nate's girlfriend was already waiting for them with her friend. They greeted each other casually and then Nate and his girlfriend started the work for which they organised the meeting, Cupid's work.

They all get settled on the nearby sofa and started conversing about the random thing in which the top one was Alaric's recently gained single status.

When on the one side of the club, Alaric was regretting his decision to come there, just on the opposite corner of the club, Aurora was screeching on Meghan over her act of cancelling down the plan all of sudden.

It was the club night for all of them but unfortunately, Aurora got ditched by both of her friends at that moment.

Spencer went to the marriage venue to help River for cake delivery and Meghan ditched her because all of sudden her boyfriend made the movie plan.

“Leave it, dude. Enjoy your date!.” she cut down the phone and stomped her foot on the floor. It was frustrating for her to see that both of them left the plan like that. Perhaps Spencer had the reason to ditch the plan at the end moment but Meghan still could make it but she denied because of her movie plan with her boyfriend.

Aurora stood there for a second in anger and then she glanced in the right direction at the bar. She wasn't going to leave the club that early, in fact, she was going to enjoy that night alone. Few bottles of beer and the entertaining live crowd were sufficient to make her laugh.  That's what she thought in her mind.

She went there and ordered the beer. Taking her bottle, she turned back to see the people on the dance floor. People were dancing together, some like a wild hawk, some hardly showing any steps, some with a drowsy move while few of them had just made the floor as their make-out area.

There is no fun in here’ Aurora mumbled to herself, drinking her beer. Of course, there was no fun without friends. When she was with her friends, she used to enjoy everything. Even a small thing can make her laugh endlessly. But without them, it's like walking in the church in a black dress. Though it was only Aurora who made everything funny and enjoyable by her funny talks and loud actions, still there was no fun in hanging out alone especially in a club.

She was missing her friends when bartender tapped on her shoulder. As she turned back, he pointed out the drink to her who was offered by a guy sitting a few chairs away.

It was the first time when somebody offered her drink like that. And she didn't like it. She didn't like stranger offering the drink to another stranger, just to initiate the talk.

Weird it may sound, but she was like this. Though she was an extremely loud and wacko person in her friends’ circle, in the situation like this she was totally a silent and reserved person.

At first, she didn't get why that man wanted to talk to her. Obvious, there were lots of chick in the house who were hotter than her, then why the hell he wanted to talk to her.