➸ A New Start ➸ Sam Winchester

"Y/n, are you alright? I have to leave. I know you just started here, but I have to leave my daughter is going into labor. Just close up when you're done cleaning. See you tomorrow, y/n," your manager, Tom, of the bar you worked at throws the keys to the bar at you. "and thanks again!" Then he leaves through the front doors in a rush without looking back.

"Night to you too, Tom." You mutter and put the keys into your apron's pocket around your waist. You grab the rag underneath the bar and start to wipe it down. It's about 2:30 in the morning and the bar has been closed to the public for about thirty minutes now. You are a bartender at the nightclub bar, and it is your first day on the job. Yet, you're here closing up for the manager and you have only been here for 7 hours.

You just moved out of your parents house finally and into a local apartment. The rent is high causing you to work at the bar as much as you can when you didn't have classes at your college. You are in your second year of college and after being there majored in law you soon discover you don't like the classes. So, basically you are back at square one again for what you want to do with your life.

You promise to give your parents the money back that they have loaned to you for the down payment on the apartment. This job as a bartender and your second job as a waitress is to bring in the money for the apartment's rent and for basic necessities. Sometimes both of the jobs get in the way of your studies. You slowly have become sleep deprived with all the things you have been doing.

You are trying to make a new start, but it just isn't working out.

The bottles of alcohol sit up on the selves behind the bar and they sparkle when the lights hit them just right. You carefully get a good bottle of whiskey from the high shelf and then a glass. Sitting on one of the stools by the bar you bring the bottle of whiskey and the glass towards you. You pour the whiskey into the glass and take
a sip of the whiskey before putting it back down onto the table.

"What are you doing, y/n? What are you doing here? You might as well just go into dad's business as a property sales woman like you always said you should've," you sigh to yourself before shooting the rest of the whiskey to the back of your throat. It burns down the whole way down your throat causing you to cough a little. "and here was to a new start."

After a moment, you get up from your pity party and clean up your mess. The whiskey back on its shelf and the glass cleaned and put under the bar. When you're done and the counter is wiped down you go to the back of the bar. You place your apron into your cubby and take your black hoodie out. You put it on and start for the back exit of the bar.

"Oh my god, the keys!" You whisper a shout you wanted to scream out. You walk back to the employee area and glare at the lights that are still on. "You also forgot the lights, y/n, you big idiot."

You lock the front doors then turn off the lights in the bar. You really do need sleep. Back you go to the back exit and slip through the door before locking it behind you. It's so cold out you place your hands into your pockets to try and regain some feeling. Massachusetts gets so cold, but you love your black hoodie so you still wear it anyway.

You walk through the dark alley behind the bar and the other stores on the block. A noise comes from behind you as you further into the alleyway. Not thinking that a bad thing could happen to you, you turn around toward the noise. Boy, are you wrong. You see two men and another man with really big teeth try to bite the other men.

You scream. That's all you can do, just scream. You see the men, one tall and the other one a little smaller, look up at you and they have big knives in their hands. You start to run in the other direction to your apartment, but one of them gets to you first.

"Let me go!" You scream out and thrash around in the man's arms. He puts his hand over your mouth so your screams are muffled.

"Be quiet, someone might hear you!" The man whispers to you, but doesn't take his hands off you. You keep moving around and wiggling trying to get yourself free from his grasp. This guy could be a rapist for all you know.

"Stop moving, I'm trying to help you," He says to you in a hushed voice and continues to walk to the taller man down the alley. You keep moving in his grip to try and get away from theses maniacs. Yeah right, he's trying to help me, you think. "Keeping moving and I swear to god, I will hurt you."

You finally stop moving and let him carry you to the taller man with long brown hair. The taller man stands next to a body on the ground that is lying still. You shudder thinking what has happened to that poor person. These people are maniacs, you think.

"Did you take care of him?" The man holding you asks the taller man.

"Yes, and I'm guessing you got her," The taller man looks down at you. You couldn't help, but feel a friendly feeling emanating from him. Well, he is also beautiful. "Do we tell her?"

"What? No, we can't tell her." The man holding you says to the tall man.

"Tell me what?" You ask them and they give you pointed glares. You just sink farther back which happens to be the man's, who is holding you, chest.

"Dean," The taller man gives the bitch face to the man who is holding you, Dean. "She saw his face."

"Well, I'm sorry, Sam. That would just make everything all complicated!" Dean groans then sighs while he lets you down onto your feet. You instantly step away from the men and bury yourself further into your hoodie. "Even more complicated than it is now."

"Fine, okay. We'll do it your way." He sighs then faces towards you. "Hi, I'm Sheriff Clover and this is my partner, Sheriff McGinley. We're sheriffs here in Grundwich and this man was intoxicated tonight. He started a fight at a local bar and the police were called. We came here to break it up."

You start to believe the sheriff and nod your head along with him. "But what's wrong with him?"

"He was very drunk. He just passed out now. We are to take him to the police station until he wakes up and can go home." Sheriff McGinley says.

"At 3 in the morning?" You question, but they quickly answer. After a couple more questions you are sold. You believe everything they say. It's like them being monsters was something you made up because you were scared. Just some sheriffs doing their jobs.

After that they advise you to go back home since you start to sway from your lack of sleep. You agree with them easily and start the walk to your apartment.

"Hey, why don't I walk you home? My partner will take him down to the station." The longer haired sheriff calls after you. You politely agree and he begins to walk you to your apartment building. When you get up to the third floor and reach the number 29, you're at your door.

"Well, thank you for walking me home." You say with a blush, your cheeks turning a rosy pink. Quickly you move your head and shift your eyes down. Looking at the ground hides your blush from him so he can't see it.

"Not a problem." When he says nothing else you look up from your downward gaze. Without another second passing he crashes his lips onto yours. You open your eyes in shock to see that the sheriff, who's name you learned was Sam, is kissing you. You quickly close your eyes and kiss him back as passionately. When you both stop kissing you are equally out of breath.

"Well, thank you again, Sam."

Edited. First Image.

28 October 2018