➸ Ghost ➸ Castiel Part 1

You walked into an abandoned warehouse behind Castiel while Dean and Sam partnered up further ahead of the two of you. They were already on the other side of the large warehouse. You pointed your angel blade, a birthday gift from Cas, out in front of you to protect yourself. Floorboards creaked as the four of you moved around the warehouse as the vampires sleep. Both castiel and yourself huddled closer to each other the deeper you went into the place. Cas took a step towards Sam and Dean before they yelled, "Vampires!"

You turned your head to Cas with a worried expression. He looked back at you with a comforting look to try and settle your worries. A crack ricocheted through the whole warehouse. You quickly pivoted on your heel to see at least nine vampires surrounding you in a circle.

"Y/n, I got these six. You got those three!" Cas yelled at you as he began to smite the vampires. You killed off the first vampire with the blade easily, but the last two vampires left ganged up on you.

"Come on, fuglies. Come at me." You spat in their face. A blaze flashed over their eyes and then they charged at you. You dodged them just by an second, falling into a barrel of hay. Something grabbed you by your shoulders and yanked you onto your feet.

Teeth bit into your neck and ripped a chunk of flesh out of your neck. You went limp when the vampire let you go. The angel blade once in your hands now clattered onto the ground. You fell into the straw of hay and you started to choke on your own blood as it ran out of the fresh wound. You looked up and saw Cas smite the last of the vampires left on your side of the warehouse.

Your eyes fluttered closed as Cas killed the last vampire and the victorious look in his eyes glowed bright.

2 weeks after your death

You have been following Sam, Dean and Cas around the bunker around for the last two weeks. You've been trying to communicate to them, but you're a fresh spirit that has no power to manifest yet. You feel terrible seeing them mourn for you when you've been lingering around in the corners.

Dean has been heavily drinking and Sam barley came out of his room. And Cas, he has been a mess. He's been trying to find you since what happened at the vampire warehouse. He's been blaming himself for your death. They have already had a hunters burial for you in the bunker's backyard despite Cas' attempt to keep your body, just in case there was a way to bring you back.

You slowly drifted from room to room bored as ever thinking of new ways to connect to them somehow. You gave up trying to wave your hands in front of their face and screaming at their faces. Over the course of two weeks of doing just that nothing has happened. All you wanted to do was to talk to someone or touch something. You took all the normal boring things you use to do when you were alive for granted.

Then one day you got so angry you went to knock a cup over, forgetting you're a spirit for a moment, and the cup went flying into a wall. It just so happens that Dean and Sam were in the same room as you. Dean stopped drinking his cup of whiskey and Sam stopped depressingly eating his soggy cereal.

"Did you see that?" Sam asked Dean. Dean slowly nodded his head and curiosity sparked in his eyes from their dull state. Dean turned his head around to try and see whatever hit the cup to make it hit the wall.

A surge of happiness sprang through you as you see them look around for whatever hit the cup. You hope they thought it was you that did it in the back of their minds.

You willed yourself to be seen to them with everything you were. You screamed for them as hard as spirit you could. "Sam? Dean! Do you see me? Please see me!"

"Y/n?" Both Sam and Dean said at the same time looking at you with aghast looks. Neither of them knew how to react to seeing you in a semi-alive state. They both looked overcome in feelings.