Chapter 32

I wake up the next morning, and get dressed.

There's a lab coat in my closet with a nametag on it today. I grab my remote, and stick it in my pocket. When the door unlocks at seven, I exit the elevator, and head to the computer room. Joshua greets me on my way in, "Good morning, I have your assignments ready. You-"

"I want the woman. Sterling's mom. I told her I'd help her get rid of the disease. Switch me with whoever is assigned to her."

He gives me a look. I interrupt him a lot, yes. But he talks too much. "I guess," he sighs, "that can be arranged. I will see what I can do." He takes his clipboard, and writes things on it as I watch impatiently. A piece of me actually wants to get started. I feel as if I keep growing more and more like WICKED. "Ok, you will actually be in the same room you trained in just weeks ago. You know what to do?"

"No..."

"Right. I'll-" Newt walks in, and Joshua lifts his finger up, as if he's had an idea, "Newt can show you. If you don't mind, of course."

"Show her what?" I can tell he is really tired by the way his voice sounds.

"How to train," Joshua says as he looks at his clipboard, "You will be in Room 2, next to McKenzie's. Good luck." He turns, and walks over to Ava, who stands in the middle of the room.

"Alright, come on then," Newt says as he motions his head towards the door. We make our way to my old training room. The woman isn't in here yet, just the two guards. Newt shows me how to set up the tests, and how to submit the results. It's pretty easy now that he's shown me step by step. "You're good to go," he says as he smiles at me. He turns, and leaves the room. I look up Sterling on the computer, and his face shows up at the top of the list of Sterlings. I enlarge the picture, and look at it for a second. He looks different in this picture. Not as tired and dirty. He has dark blond hair, and greenish eyes. It has all of his information, too.
Sixteen years of age.
5'9
Blond hair, green eyes.
Status: immune
Currently in WICKED with mother, Margaret.

I slide the picture to the right, and place it in a file that leads to the training window. How does this work? I thought they needed brain waves. I look into WICKED files to try to find an explanation.
WICKED temporarily uses the brain waves of subjects of past experiments: murderers, bipolars, schizophrenic, infected. The brain waves have been sent to the Master File, to be used for experiments. Unfortunately, the subjects who gave their brain waves have passed, because the Flare moved in much quicker than others. We are not sure of why, but more experiments will help us to understand.
Update:
The cure has been found...