Chapter 18

“How'd it go?" Newt asks me, while loading a gun.

"Good," I watch him hold up the gun, aim, and just barely miss the center of the target.

"Needs a little work, hu?" He smiles, and lifts his gun back up to shoot.

"No, it's good." And he shoots again.

"You gonna shoot, or not?"

I turn, and see an archery section, "No. Not right now," and walk over to it. I can't believe we're going to do this. The bows are more high tech here. There's a little scope I can look into. I point it at the target, look into the scope, and a little square slides in front of it.

Target identified.

57mph

Release when ready.

I let go of the arrow, and it hits the center. I smile, and remember the dream I had the other night; when I was in the forest, and I shot a target different from this one.

"Very good," I hear the voice behind me, and turn around to see who it is, "But can that target be...the heart of a human being?" I don't know who he is. He's blonde. He is wearing all black, and his clothes almost look like spandex. He's muscular, but not too muscular. He's about Minho's size.

"I don't know. I guess we'll find out in a month." I turn around, and grab another arrow. I pull it back, and look into the scope:

Target identified.

52mph

Release when ready.

I let the arrow fly, and it hits the target to the right of the last arrow. I turn around and look at the man. He nods in approval.

"Maybe you should just move on to fist fighting. All you're doing is wasting time."

"Fist fighting?"

"Yes, well, there will reach a point where both sides meet."

I put the bow back on its shelf, and glance around the room, "Where?"

The man turns around, and points to a section of people across the room. "Thanks."

"Mhm, see you on the battlefield."