Chapter 3

A/N Hey guys I know I'm posting a lot and I don't even know if this is a good story but I've got a storyline so I'm gonna keep writing it. Again please comment and vote if it's good

Dinner

Alex POV

Oh no what did I just do? Great now he knows I'm in love with him, we literally met yesterday. He's never gonna speak to me again, he's gonna leave me. Okay Alex breathe it'll be fine. I arrive at the Diner and put my apron on.

2 hour later

it's like 6:30 now and so far it's just been a boring shift. I've still got another 2 and a half hours until I get off, it's gonna be a long night. I'm standing at the front desk when a group of people walk in.

"Hey can we get a table for 6" One of them says and the voice sounds familiar.

"Yeah sure jus-" I look up and see Peggy, Eliza, Angelica, Hercules, Lafayette and John. Great, this isn't awkward at all.

"Umm yeah just wait over there and a table will be available soon." I say and they walk over to stand in the corner while I find a table for them. I find one then I go back and lead them to the table, give them menu's and walk away.

"Thanks" John says and I just walk away. My manger walks over to me and asks to speak with me.

John POV

Alex leads up to a table and we sit down and begin to look at the menu.

"But Sir that's not fair!" We look over a see Alex talking to someone, probably his boss.

"What happened between you 2?" Eliza asks and I sigh.

"Well I probably shouldn't tell you but I went back into his room to see if he was okay and he started to tell me about his family and how is dad left, his mother died and his cousin raised him and his brother until his brother died and he moved in with is Aunt, and then he got up and said he had to go to work. I told him he shouldn't go because he was so upset but he said he wasn't even surprised his cousin died because everyone he loves does, Then he said it was only a matter of time before I died as well. then he ran off." I say

"Well did you say anything?" Herc said.

"No I didn't have time." I say defensively

Just then Alex walked over with a notepad and pen. "I'll be serving you tonight, do you know what you want yet?" he said not looking up.

"Alex I'm so sorry all that happened to you! it must be so hard with almost no family left." Peggy said sympathetically.

"PEGGY!" I yell

"What?"

"What John you told them?! That was private!" Alex says angrily.

"don't worry Mon amie it's nothing to be ashamed of." Laf said trying to lighten the mood.

"yeah whatever, call me when you're ready to order." Alex said walking away.

"What the hell you guys! I told you I wasn't supposed to tell you, now he's never going to forgive me. " I say once I know he's to far away to hear.

"I'm sorry, I just feel so bad for him!" Peggy says and Eliza rubs her back,

"it's okay Peggy, you were just looking out for him. John this isn't your fault you need to relax"

"Let just order" I say and we all sit in silence while we choose what to have. Once we all decided what we want Angelica waved down Alex and I saw him sigh and walk over to us.

"What would you like" he said and I could tell that was part of a script or something because if he wasn't working he would probably tell us to fuck off or something like that. We order and Alex walks off to the kitchen.

"Well that was one of the most awkward situations I've ever been in." Angelica said bluntly.

the others talk a little but I can't stop thinking about Alex, what am I supposed to do? How can I make it up to him? Classes start tomorrow so we won't have as much free time, I could ask Laf to speak to him for me. Yeah maybe I'll do that, Laf can speak to him and get him to see my side and then I'll go apologize to him.

Alex POV

This is officially the worst night if my life, my boss is making me serve John and the others which is just perfect because John told them all about my childhood which mean they'll either ditch me or be overly sympathetic towards me and pity me. it's like 7 now and now I have to go give them there food so yay.

I place 3 of the burgers down on the table and walk back to get the rest, "thanks" John says.

"It's my job I don't have a choice." I say and he looks away awkwardly.

"So how long have you been working here?" Eliza ask clearly trying to distract me from John.

"Long enough to know that there's things that I should be doing instead of talking to customers." I say and I can see John looks hurt but me calling them customers instead of friends or even people but I don't care. I walk of into the kitchen and just stand there because there isn't actually anything to do.

John POV

He called us customers, not friends not even people! I mean yeah we've only known each other for about 2 days but didn't Angelica say we made out or something and we slept in the same bed and he told be all about his family. does that mean anything to him. I can't complain though I told everyone about his past which is clearly a sensitive topic.

We start eating our food, and the others talk a little but I'm not really paying attention. "John?" Eliza says nudging me.

"Yeah?"

"are you good?"

"Yeah I'm just thinking about how I screwed up everything."

Eliza POV

I see Alex being pushed towards us but I assume is manger and I see my change to get Alex to forgive John.

"Well you know John we only met him the other day it's not like we were super close to him." I say and the others look at me weirdly.

"Are you serious Eliza?! We literally got drunk with him and I made out with him! I thought out rule was 'don't get drunk with people unless we think they'll end up being part of our group' and I'm pretty sure that you could tell how much I like him because you always laugh or make a weird comment when we're around each other! You guys my not remember much from the other night but I remember how much fun he was. And weren't you the one how dared me to kiss him? ugh you know what I'm done" He slams a $20 note on the stable and gets up and leaves.

"Eliza what the hell was that about, aren't you the nice one here?" Lafayette says.

"I know, look" I point at Alex and we all look over to see him standing in the middle of the restaurant looking towards the door which John just ran out, he looked sad and happy at the same time. The he shakes his head and walks over to us.

"Um...I'm supposed to check that everything's going okay and you're enjoying you're meal?" He said still a little bit distracted.

"Yeah it's great, when do you get off?" Lafayette askes

"Umm Why?" he asks, he's clearly still upset.

"Oh just so I know when you'll be getting back to the doom." Laf says smiling.

"Oh okay, I get of at 9" He says and walks away.

A/N hey I hope this is a good chapter if it is please comment and vote, also later on should I put some angsty stuff in this book or nah?