Chapter 13

The next day, after school...

"Hello Monica! Hello Aka- Black Akari"
"Hi mum!"
"..."
"Are you hungry? Lunch is ready."
"Yes, I'm starving!!"
"..."
"So, how was your day?"
"Very~ good! I got a 95/100 on my math test!"
"Good job!! That's my girl! And you, Black Akari? Don't you have some news?"
"...No"
"Ahhh...okay. But it's been 2 weeks since your last exam. Did they still not give you a single grade?"
"Even if I had one, I wouldn't tell you. Why should I tell you? Since your favorite daughter is already giving you the best grades, you don't need mines."
"Black Akari, how could you say such a thin-"
"I'm not hungry anymore, I'm going to my room."
"Black Akari wait!"
*going upstairs*

She really doesn't know the meaning of "daughter". Whatever, it's not like I'm sad. I will never depress, ever again, over something like this. In fact, I didn't go to my room because I want to, but because I'll see Hexy today. Last time I didn't get the chance to ask him more about the book since we were talking about Miss Perfect's birthday*.

...

"You're early today. Did you stop eating because of something?"
"...Nothing much. More importantly, I had some question, about the book, but I couldn't ask last time."
"Tell me."
"It's about you're power. The book says that 'the transformation is supposed to happen when the source reaches the required level' but I didn't understand what does that mean. What is this source? Required level? How can I reach it?"
"It will come automatically. All you have to do is to train hard."
"...If you say so"
"Do you have anything else before we start? Because today is a big day"
"Huh? And why is that?"
"Because today, I'll let you see my human appearance."
"Your human appearance?"

Now that I think about it, he did appear as a human when I was at the central park with Lila.

"Yes. Are you ready?"
"...Yeah"
*woosh*
"What the..."
"How is it?"

Short hair as red as blood, and green eyes that would hypnotize you. What a terrifying person!

"You- is that you???!!"
"Yep"
"Well, you're... terrifying."
"HAHAHAHAHA... I know. You look more surprised than I thought you'd be"
"Because you look more terrifying than I thought you'd be!"
"You know that I'm evil."
"Yes, I know your personality is like this but I didn't think your appearance would be the same!"
"...Makes sense. Anyways, you can't see me in person yet, since you still haven't transformed yet. But don't worry, I guess you're progressing faster than I thought you would, so it's a good thing."
"Okay. But I have a request"
"A request?"
"Yes, I want to learn alchemy"
"Huh? And why is that?"
"I want to learn about potions, poison, antidotes and about a lot more. So please, teach me!"
"... *sigh* You really want to learn as much as you can don't you?"
"Yepp! I want to understand and know everything in this world!"
"...As you wish."
"Really???? You accepted this easily??? I did a list of 40 reasons why you should teach me alchemy."
"Well, no matter what happens, you were gonna win, so there is no need for any list."
"Hehehe... thank you!"
"...You're welcome."

Yesss!!! I will finally learn alchemy! Now that he's gonna help me, I have nothing to fear anymore. In fact, I don't think I ever had a reason to be afraid of anything, but now it's even better. Cause in this world, knowledge is power.

...

1 day before the birthday party...

"Black Akari"
"..."
"Black Akari?"
"..."
"Black Akari!"
"What???!!!"
"Are you still coming tomorrow?"
"...Of course."
"Okay, but..."
"?"
"We decided to change something."
"Something like what?"
"Well, it's Monica's 15th birthday, and we want it to be special."

Don't worry, it will be special.

"So... it will be a couple party."
"Couple party?"
"....Yes. So that's why we'd like you to bring somebody with you."
"You mean a partner?"
"Yes. He doesn't have to be someone you love or anything. Just bring a partner."
"..."
"...If you change your mind, tell us."
"..."
"...Well then, see you."

Couple... I erased this word from my vocabulary, but it's like they don't want me to. I'll have to discuss it with Hexy, and now!

...

"Shouldn't you be at school now?"
"I have to talk to you"
"What is it?"
"Monica's birthday party... it will be a couple party."
"Couple party?"
"Yes. And if I want to attend, I should bring a partner with me."
"Hm... you can threaten them, but it won't be fun anymore..."
"...Am I really forced to participate?"
"Yes. But don't worry, I have the perfect partner for you"
"?!"
"I wanted to introduce him later on, but it can't be helped."

And then, he called someone. Right after that, a man came, but his look was totally unexpected...

*A/N: Miss Perfect refers to Monica.