Chapter 43

Entrance Exam day, 10th January (5 days later)...

'Hello everyone, welcome to the entrance exam of this Magical Academy. Let's skip the long speech and start the exam. For those thinking why I did not give anything to study, it's because it's not a normal exam. My companion, Eluma, will tell you the procedure of the exam'
'Thank you, director. Hello everyone. As it was already mentioned, I am Eluma. Regarding your exam, it will consist of 3 tests. The first one, will be a test of power. The second one will be a test of ability, and the third one will be a test of courage. The students who pass the three exams with success will enter the academy. For all the tests, we will divide you guys into 2 main groups of 50 students each one, that me and director Black Akari will lead. Now then, let the entrance exam of magic begin.'

*Through telepathy*
"... I didn't think they would come"
"I did. Told you they won't back up this easily"
*sigh* "I really want to know why would they risk their life. I'm sure it's not just because of their manapets."
"Nobody knows..."

'Well then, I'll start with Black Akari's group. The members will be <...> Yamel, Monica, Maria, Sally, Leo, Nick and Estelle'
"!"

*Through telepathy*
"ELUMA! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT THEM IN MY GROUP!"
"I had to do it. I can't be sure whether or not you want them to stay."
"... I'll punish you once the exam is over"
"Wait, what? Come on!"
"Hush"

'The rest of you will come with me'
'... Good luck everyone'

"I can't believe we're in Black Akari's group!"
"Yeah, it's over for sure"
"Why?"
"Because she told us not to pass the exam, but we came anyway. I'm sure she'll scold us"
"Hey, the group of 7, what do you think you're doing?"
"... Sorry"
"Come here, we're waiting for you"

This won't be an easy task... Eluma, I'll punish you for sure!

"Okay. So first, is the test of power. I want each one of you to create a bubble of water, and to make it turn. Then you'll slowly make it bigger, until it gets as big as *bubble appears* this one. Then I want you to create another one and make it bigger as well. Once you have the two bubbles, make it smaller again until it comes back to its original form, and finally make it disappear. And all this within 25 seconds. This will be the first part of this test."
"Wait, could you please repeat it? I got distracted for a moment"
"Not my problem. Ready?"
"Wait-!"
"Go"

*30 seconds later*

"... Okay, those who failed the first part are <...>. The other 46 students passed the first part."
"Yes!"
"We did it!"
"The seven of you, don't get too carried away, there are still one part before the first test is over"
"... Sorry"

They unfortunately passed. I wished they fail, but they were pretty attentive at all my instructions, and they did everything within the 25 seconds, so I can't fail them, it'd be unfair.

"For the second part, we'll work with fire. I want you guys to use your powers to create a flame, then you'll have to make it bigger so that it becomes as the same size as this one *flame appears*, then I want you make another one, but this time as soon as you make it appear, it'll have to be as big as the first one. After that, you'll have to combine the 2 flames together, and make them disappear at once. You have 25 seconds to complete this task."
"Wait, what is we burn something?"
"You'll fail"
"No, I mean what will happen?!"
"...Don't worry about this and focus on your exam. Ready? Go!"

*25 seconds later*

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY PASSED! I'm so annoyed I can't take it anymore! Eluma, you'll pay for what you did!