Chapter 2

Today was quite a hard day, first I arrive late at school, second, I see my sister hugging Yamel, and third I hear rumors that they are together. I hope that everything will come to an end tomorrow, but for now I should focus on my exam of magic. I entered the bathroom so that no one can see me and called Lila.

"Lila, let's go"
"Okay but are you sure you can do it?"

She's saying this because of what happened today...

"Yes, I'm okay"

After looking at me for a few seconds, as if to check that I'm fine, she nodded. And so, we went to CelestiaLand. Once at school, I passed my exam with success.

"Do you want to go home now?"
"No I want to see Maria, Sally and the others for a little bit"
"As you wish"
*ring*

My phone?

"Oh, it's a message from Sally! She's telling me that she wants to meet me at the ruby tree on the top of the mountain!"
"Let's go!"

I felt uneasy when I saw the message, well, whatever, it might be because of what happened today. But my uneasiness wasn't wrong...

...

"Akari look, there's Maria, Sally, Leo, Nick and Estelle!"

These are my friends. We are all enrolled in the same magic academy and each one of us has a manapet. I took few steps towards them, and when I arrived beside the ruby tree, they suddenly started to talk, as if they want me to hear them.

"Why did you tell her to come?"
"It would be weird if we didn't, while we're all together don't you think?"
"Okay but I don't want to see her!"

Who are they talking about-

"Are you talking about Akari?"
"Yes, I told her to come and join us since we're all together but looks like Maria is against my idea"

But Sally's response shocked me. They're talking about me? But why is Maria against the idea of me coming? And why do their faces look so strange, as if they were saying a script?

"Well, she's not wrong you know? Akari is becoming more and more annoying recently"
"She always seems kind to everyone and acts as if she loves everyone in this world and she doesn't hate anyone, but I'm sure it's just an act! She thinks that she's always the victim of what they say about her at school when they compare her to her sister, but in fact it's her sister the victim that should hear everything all the time!"
"You're wrong! Akari is the best person in the world!"
"Really? And why didn't she help you search for your father?"
"Because..."
"Whatever it is, we can't do anything for now. I already told her and that's it"
"Sally is right. Let's stop talking about her for now. I'm sure she'll be here soon enough"
"Now that I think about it, shouldn't she be here already?"
"Maybe she's taking her time, she thinks we can wait for her no matter how long she takes!"
"Or maybe she has found someone she can fool and decided to help him while on her way for coming here"
"Let's wait for a little bit longer"

I can't believe what I heard just now. Were they always like this? Did Maria always think that I'm just acting? Is it a sin that I like to help? Plus, I never said, not even once, that I love everyone in this world, nor that I think of myself as a victim to all the rumors that compare me to my sister! And I couldn't help Estelle search for her father because my magic wasn't enough for me to help her, especially that even her mother doesn't remember what he looks like. And even though I told her that, she stayed silent when Maria asked her. Nick did say it was something new, but why so suddenly, and why does it feel like an act? I suddenly felt weird, just like when I saw Yamel and Monica hugging each other, as if a fire is burning in my heart.

"Akari, are you okay?"
"... Yes"
"I'm sure there's a misunderstanding, there's no way it's you!"
"... I don't think there's any kind of misunderstanding, but it's okay..."

Yes, it's okay. It's not like it's the first time that someone has talked behind my back. Well, I didn't expect that my friends would talk about me like this, but I'll be okay. I couldn't stay any longer, so I texted Sally to tell her that I couldn't come and took my leave.