Chapter 17: Engagement Party

Comenzar desde el principio

I went downstairs and expecting Mina was already waiting in the living room but she wasn't around. The Blackpink had flown to Australia yesterday, which was a pity. Hence, I'd contacted a stylish for Mina and I assumed they were done a while ago when the stylish took her leave. I looked at the time and made a way to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water. What took her so long? I sighed.

Impatiently, I drummed my fingers on the counter. I heard the tapping of heels and turned my head, the glass I was about to drink from, freezing partway to my mouth.

Miss Myoui I was used to seeing wasn't this woman. As I suspectedwith the right clothes, a good haircutand some makeup, she was quite pretty. Not like the flashy confident women I was used to, but rather an understated beauty she carried well. Not my usual type---however, in this case it would work. She impressed me again with that plain beauty.

I glanced down at her hand and frowned. "Where is your ring?"

"Oh." She opened her small purse, took out the box, and slipped on the ring.

"You need to wear it all the time. Leave the box here." Rubbing my brows, I thought of an embarrassing consequence so she'll be extra careful, "The day you lost it is the day you will dance baby shark, recorded it and uploaded to the media" I smirked.

"I took it off for a manicure. I forgot to put it back on. I will try my best not to receive that punishment" She pressed her lips before smiling---wide and big that shown her gummy, almost like a teasing smile. "Thank you so much for reminding me, my love."

I raised my eyebrows. "My love?"

"You didn't like cunt, so I picked another endearment. You knowlike lovers"

I crossed my arms, glaring. "I think you're laughing at me."

"I would never." She tossed her hair, the dark waves rippling down her back.

"Do I passed?" turning around, she showed me her dress for this special occasion. She was wearing an endless off-shoulder Frilling dress in royal blue. It fitted her well.

I looked over her and slowly nodded. "My money is well spent"

She picked up her purse. "You have such a way with words Chaeyoung. So smooth and lyrical. I'm shocked women weren't lined up pretending to love you."

Her remark made me chuckle. She had a cutting sense of humourwhich was something I liked. I followed her to the door, opening it for her. She waited as I locked itand with a smirk, I offered her my hand. "Ready, sweetheart?"