25 ~ Try Me

Paradise

"What was that all about?" I asked my Dad.

We raced to the beach after talking to Conner. I won of course. I mean my Dad was pretty out of shape not gonna lie.

"What are you talking about?" he asked while taking a big bite of his ice cream.

"With Conner," I said giggling for he had the ice cream all over his mouth. "Here's a napkin," I said and handed it to him.

"Nothing," he said taking another big bite.

I started squinting at him, which makes him shrug. Did he not like him? I checked my phone once more to discover nothing. It was 9:32 and my shift at the Beach House was at 10:00.

"Hey Dad, Imma head back. I still have work," I said while standing up.

"Awww, my little daughters growing up," he said fake frowning.

I give him a smile and I start jogging back to Aunt Jenny's house.

When I get in I see Briana and David. They were holding boxes and plastic bags. I also noticed they were also heading out.

"Where are you two going?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

They quickly look at each other. "Aren't you suppose to be at work?" David asked.

Why was he dodging my question?

"Ummm...ya I guess I'll see you guys later?" I asked shrugging.

"Ya, see ya Abby," Briana squealed and quickly ran out, David following her.

That was weird...

I quickly rushed upstairs and changed into my work clothes. I asked Aunt Jenny if I could borrow her car and she agreed. Good thing cause I would have been late to work.

I entered the Beach House with it packed. Teenagers everywhere. I quickly walked to the kitchen. In there was John.

"Hey," he smiled and I smiled back. "It's packed out there."

"Ya, extremely," I said while getting the notebook to write down the orders and headed out.

"Can I have your order?" I asked.

"Well, look who we have here, it's little Abby," the customer laughed.

I look up to see Keri. Fuck me.

"Oh, honey what's with the face?" she cluelessly asked tilting her head.

"Nothing, what's your order?" I asked her.

She was with 3 other girls. I've seen them a couple of times at the Beach Parties, but I didn't know their names. They were all staring at me from bottom to top, which pissed me off.

"Hmmm, I would definitely want something called Tyler Green," she smirked.

This made all her friends laugh. Their laugh was so fake I just wanted to scream. Unfortunatley, I needed to stay calm or else I might lose my job.

"I'm sorry but, we don't have that," I replied.

"Oh, I know. But I'm sure you know where I could get it right?" she pouted.

"Unfortunatley, no," I said my anger rising.

"Awww, that's too bad. Maybe he finally realized you were just a piece of shit he found on the floor. But, don't worry sweety he'll have me to give him company," she winked and laughed her friends soon joining in.