7 ~ Confused

Paradise

I woke up and immediately grabbed my phone to check the time.

7:22.

I decided to go for a run, but of course I made myself a cup of coffee. Luckily, I didn't see Tyler this time. When I got back to the house I made a turkey sandwich.

As soon as I finished I decided to go inside the library and read. I haven't read in a long time, so it seemed reasonable.

I opened the door to see someone sitting on the chair next to the fireplace.

"Oh, umm sorry," I said as I tried to hurry out.

"Oh, Abigail," she laughed. I turned around to see Jenny. "You can stay."

"Ok," I smiled.

As I look around for a book, I couldn't help but notice her watching me. Studying me actually. I walked over to her to take a seat next to her.

"Sorry, am I doing something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh no!" she said laughing. "It's just you remind me so much of Julie."

I immediately got goosebumps. Hearing my Mother's name made me feel relieved, yet sad.

We stayed quiet for awhile just looking at each other. If I looked my Mom then I guess I look like her Jenny too.

They look exactly the same. You would think they were twins if you didn't know them. Although, my Mom was older by a year.

"Is Julie coming here on your birthday?" she asked me.

"No, I'm not sure actually," I answered.

"Really?" She paused for a bit then adds, "I really miss her."

"You do?"

"Of course, why does she not miss me?" she asked looking away.

"I don't know. She never really talks about you to be honest."

I immediately felt guilt for saying what I said. I also felt really bad for her. I mean she really seemed to miss my Mom. I could see it in her eyes and hear it in the way she talks.

"I should call her," she mumbled.

"You should. I think she'll love that."

I hope.

"I'm going to tell her that I'm sorry and that I want her to come on your birthday."

"Really?" I smiled.

My Mom doesn't really approve on things like this. Also whenever Aunt Jenny would call home my Mother would either ignore it or decline it.

"Yes, I'll do it when I get upstairs though." She slowly got up and dusted her jeans. "You keep looking for a book and I'll go call your Mom."

I nodded and she gave me smile. Before she left I blurted, "Thank you." She smiled one last time and left the room.

I wasn't able to find a book. For the rest of the day I stayed in my room. Watching TV mostly. I needed to catch up on my TV shows. Around 8:00 p.m I stopped and decided to call Sam.

There were 3 rings and then it went to voicemail. I felt my heart drop. I called again, and this time it went straight to voicemail. Was he mad at me or something. He has never declined my call, never...

I texted him a couple of messages and there was still no answer. The phone showed that he had read the messages. I was getting really worried. I called again and this time he finally picked up. Except it wasn't him.

"Who's this?" the feminine voice snapped.

"Abigail, Sam's girlfriend. May I ask who's this?" I mumbled.

Why would a girl pick up? Was he cheating on me? Oh no, he would never do that. I know him. That's not him.

"Emma. Sam's friend.... I never knew Sam had a girlfriend."

My heart seemed to stop beating. Sam had told me that he talked about me to everyone.

"Well I've never heard of you," I snapped.

That's when I heard Sam's voice in the background. I couldn't quite understand what he was saying though.

"Well I've got to go. Don't wanna keep Sam waiting," she said calmly and hangs up.

Could Sam actually be cheating on me?

I couldn't breathe at all. I just wanted to go back to Utah and be there with him. I mean I knew everything about Sam. All his friends and everything. Why would he keep this Emma girl from me. I immediately began crying. Uncontrollably.

I took a jacket and a blanket and rushed out my door and down the stairs. I got outside and started running. I don't know where but I didn't want to be in that house.

After about 20 mins of jogging and crying, I see a beach. I ran towards it. As soon as I reached the beach I began walking towards the water.

I was standing at the shore, my feet in the water. I wanted to die. I felt like no one truly cared about me. I wanted to swim as far as I can and never look back.

I knew I couldn't run away from my fears, but what can I do. I slowly turned away from the water and placed the blanket on the sand. I then laid down and stared up at the sky. That's when my phone began to vibrating. It was Sam.

I placed my phone face down on the sand and ignored it. Just like my Mom to Aunt Jenny. I quickly sat up and faced the sea. It was dark and cold and I could barely see anything.

A few moments later someone sits next to me. I turned to see Tyler.

"What do you think you're doing?" I grumbled.

"Nothing."

"Are you stalking me?" I snapped at him.

I mean I always made sure not to have anyone following me especially him, but in the end we always end up crashing into each other.

"Why would you think that?" he asked.

"Well we always seem to met and-"

"Have you been crying?" he asked cutting me off.

"What?" I laughed. I rubbed my eyes and added, "No."

"Yes you have, don't lie to me. May I ask why?"

"Nothing. Nothing that you would care about." I said.

"Ok, whatever. You're right I don't care." he grumbled as he turned away from me. I playfully pushed him in return.

After about 20 mins he asked me, "Are you planning to go home."

"That's not my home."

"It is now."

"I don't want to go back."

"Did they do something to you?" he asked sounding a little worried.

"No, and I thought you didn't care."

He shrugged and laid down. I give him a face and he laughs.

"Stop," he chuckled giving me a little push.

"Stop what?" I yelled.

"That face!"

"Oh, so now it's my face," I grumbled.

I laughed and he joins in. I decided to lay beside him. I closed my eyes, as I slowly fall into a deep sleep.

*Hey my peeps. So hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also don't forget to check out my other book, "He Saved Me".*