1 ~ Goodbye Utah

Paradise

"I'm going to miss you so much," Sam said, kissing me on the forehead.

We were on my roof and it was midnight, with a full moon. I closed my eyes and leaned into his chest. "I'm gonna miss you more," I whispered.

He took my face in his hands and kissed me. It was smooth and quick. As we separated, he took both of my hands and brought it to his face.

He kissed the top of my hands and right after, he glanced back up at me.

"I promise I will meet you there. I'll be there before your birthday," he said and I believed him.

His blue eyes were sparkling, like diamonds. He gently tightened his grip around my hands.

"I know you will," I said, trying to smile.

I wanted to cry, but I fought the urge to. I was leaving for my flight to Florida, tomorrow morning. I had all my stuff packed and I just wanted to spend one more night with my boyfriend. I really wasn't looking forward to leaving him. It seemed like he was the only one that actually understood me.

My parents and I, on the other hand, weren't exactly close. Although, I still cared for them and they cared for me. Both of them were doctors. They spend most of their time at the hospital. When they were home, they are usually doing something related to work. Sadly, I barely get to talk or see them.

A person would think that because of that they would be "chill" parents but no. They are very strict when it comes to me. They have never or hardly ever gave me permission to attend parties or even hang out with friends. I mean, I only have two friends, really.
But still.

One of them is named Lindsey. I've know her forever. We were friends ever since we got out of our Mothers' womb. This was because both our parents were close friends and even co-workers. Lindsey and I are around the same height. She has thick, curly, shoulder length, black hair. She has such a bubbly personality, I wouldn't understand why anyone would hate or dislike her.

Sam, on the other hand, (aka my other best friend) (aka also my boyfriend) is a few inches taller than me. He has short brown hair that he would always apply gel on, so that there would be a small spike in the front.

Everyone would say that we were the cutest couple in school. Some would even say we were a power couple. I believe the main reason for that is because of how long we have been together.

"What are you thinking about?" Sam asked. I lifted my head from his chest to look up at him.

"Nothing," I replied and he instantly began smirking.

"Nothing, huh?" He chuckled.

We both started laughing. I think I laughed a little too hard because I heard my mom call out my name.

"Oh shit!" I whispered. I stood up and quickly went through the window to get inside. Sam stayed on the roof and mouthed "I love you." I couldn't help but smile. I reached forward and took his face in my hands to kiss him. My eyes were closed when we separated and when I opened them, he was already gone.

I quickly jumped into bed and covered myself. About 5 seconds later, my door opened. I could hear my Mother's feet slowly moving towards my bed. My mom then reached out her hand to brush my face.

"Im sorry, Abigail. I really don't want you to go, but it's for the best. I know it is," she whispered. She kissed me on the cheek and left, closing the door behind her.

I didn't think too hard of what she had just said. Although, I honestly wish I had.

I fell asleep and tried not to imagine what might happen tomorrow.