5 ~ Party or No Party

Paradise

I soon as I got home from the jog I spot Ryan at the staircase, on his phone. I quickly walked over to the other staircase to avoid getting noticed, but it didn't work.

"Hey, Abigail," Ryan said.

Dang it.

"Hey, Ryan," I said with a fake smile.

"Where have you been?" he asked.

He stood up from the couch and dusted off his jeans.

"I went for a jog," I answered.

He gave me a weird look, which probably meant he thought I was lying. Just like how Tyler was shocked to find me jogging.

"Ok? Well, there's a party tonight and-" he began to say, but I cut him off.

"I can't go. Tyler asked me about it earlier and I said no."

He frowned, "Oh ok. I just thought it would be a good way for you to kick off summer....Wait you saw Tyler? When?"

"Im ok, I don't really like parties anyway. Plus I have plans. And yes, I saw Tyler this morning while I was jogging."

He nodded then I walked past him toward my room.

I really didn't want to sound rude, but I didn't want to go. Truth is, I really didn't have any plans. I just wanted to stay in my room and call Sam or even FaceTime him all night.

I miss Utah, a lot. I also wasn't ready to meet more people. This family alone was enough. I don't even want to get to know any of them. I mean I'm going to have to leave as soon as summer ends, so what's the use?

~*~

I was on my phone for about an hour in a half when someone knocked on my door. Somewhere inside me told me it was Tyler. My heart began racing.

Why does it do that?

I quickly got up from bed and opened the door.

Thank goodness.

"OMG, hey! You scared me." I laughed.

I placed one of my hands over my heart to somewhat prove it.

"I scared you?" Briana giggled.

I gave her smile and I received one back.

"Do you need anything?" I asked her and she shook her head side to side.

"No, but I heard you didn't want to go the party tonight."

I nodded, "Ya, I'm busy. Already have plans, but thanks."

"Let me guess, those "plans" would be staying in bed and being on your phone?" she said raising her eyebrows.

Well, then.

"No?" I blushed.

"Like come on you should go. Everyone that lives here attends. You can also meet new people and befriend them," she chirped.

"I don't know if I wanna make new friends. I'm not much of a social person," I mumbled.

It was true. I only had 2 friends, Lindsey and Sam. No one else. It has always been just the 3 of us. I couldn't imagine having more friends.

"Well, that must change. Just please come! If you want I will be with you the entire time. I could also introduce you to my friends..." and she just kept going on and on.