31 ~ The Truth p.2

Paradise

"What did they say?" Briana asked as soon as she got back in. Why would they want me to go to college here? Were they planning to move here? Why?

"We talked about college," I said.

"And..." Lindsey hooted.

"They want me to go to college here," I said looking down. Lindsey and I had planned to stay in Utah for college. We didn't get accepted to the same college like we hoped so. Although our schools are only 2 hours away from each other. Now, I don't even know.

Lindsey's eyes widened, "You're joking, right?" I shook my head side to side. "Why?"

"She didn't tell me," I said looking down.

"Well, you better start looking for a college," Ryan stated. Right when he said that my phone flashed on. A text from my Mom.

"She already signed me up for a college a long time ago?" I questioned while reading the text.

"So, she's known all this time, but didn't tell you," Lindsey said in disappointment.

"Lindsey, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

*About A Year Ago Ago*
(Tyler's POV)

"Hey, so what do you want to do today?" I said as I grabbed her hand.

"Anything, we could go to the mall. Anything really, as long as I'm with you," she replied in a smile. Man, her smile. I swear I would do anything to make her smile.

"We could just go to my house," I smirked at her.

She giggled, "Oh, Tyler!"

"Don't act like you don't want to," I said while wiggling my eyebrows. She loved when I did this, so she couldn't resist. That's when her phone made a "cho cho" sound. She pulled out her phone to see who had texted her. "Who is it?"

"Nobody," she lied. She's been doing this lately. Texting some person and whenever I would ask her about them she would ignore me.

"Selene, come on," I said pouting, which made her giggle.

"It's John."

"John?"

"Yes, I've been telling him to leave me alone, but he won't."

"I'll talk to him," I said and before we knew it we were headed to my house.

*Present*
(Tyler's POV)

"When did you get back?" I asked Selene while walking down the beach. She invited me to go along with her. She said we needed to catch up, so I didn't say no.

She smiled, "Not long ago. Right when I got here I got a job at the restaurant."

"The one on the beach?" I asked. The one where Abigail worked?

"Yes, ugh."

"Why, ugh?"

"I literally hate everyone that I work with. Well, except David," she giggled. "He's cute."

Did she not like Abigail? How could she not like Abigail? Abigail is the probably the nicest, sweetest, and here we go again.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked me grabbing hold of my arm. "I wasn't trying to say I would date him."

"No-"

"-Cause Tyler, I'm still in love with you. What happened a year ago was bullshit."

"Umm-"