Chapter 34.

Chapter 34.

(Song that I was listening to when writing this chapter: Unsteady- X Ambassadors)

I heard the sound of hooves and then a few seconds later, Chiron showed up in front of us, in his centaur form. The upper half of his human form with the body of a white stallion from the waist down. All the other demigods returned to their activities, not bothering to look at us anymore.
Chiron looked at both Percy and I and then at Priya, before he spoke.

"Get on. Now!" He said, calmly but with urgency in his voice. He lowered his back, for us to mount Priya on him and then jump on ourselves, and he rode off towards the big house.

We arrived at the big house a few minutes later, slightly out of breath. Chiron stopped in front of his sofa and Percy and I helped Priya onto it, so she could rest. Chiron walked behind his desk, still pacing and glared at Percy and I to sit. We obliged, fearful of his reaction.

"You found her," he started and Percy and I looked at each other. If we were expecting a reaction, it definitely wasn't this one. "Where was she?"
"She was at her mother's. Sort of," Percy said, looking at Chiron.
"Was she okay? Or hurt? I need to know."
"She was okay. Just a few bruises and cuts that we could've seen, but other than that she was fine," I replied, omitting a small detail.

Chiron glanced over at Priya, who was now knocked out on the sofa.
"She escaped from Tartarus. She didn't just leave, she escaped. I need to know how." Chiron said, talking to himself, more than Percy and I.
"I should get her to the infir-" I started but was  interrupted by a tall blonde boy, with green eyes.

"Hey Chiron, we need to ta-" he said, but stopped once he saw that Chiron had company. He glanced at Percy and I and then at Priya on the sofa and sighed. "I guess I'll come back later then," he said and nodded at Chiron. He quickly opened the door and left.

Percy turner back to Chiron and asked, "Who's that?".
"That's uh- Zale Láska. He's a son of Haphaestus."
"When did he get here?" I replied curiously.
"Three days ago. He's 19 and only now arriving."
"That seems suspicious," Percy whispered to me.

"Take her to the infirmary. I'll speak to both of you later," Chiron said and Percy and I took that as our cue to stand. "Oh Jay, if you see Zale on your way out, please tell him to meet me."

I nodded and helped Priya up, taking her to the infirmary.
Will rushed over, from tending to a girl's blue-black knee, as we laid her on the bed. Ed walked over at once, shortly after and both of them wore shocked expressions.

"Is that P-" Ed started but I cut him off with a quick "yes".
Will and Ed both checked up on Priya and put Percy and I out of the infirmary, telling us to come back later when Priya was well rested and back to her normal self.

We sat on the stairs outside the infirmary, not saying a word to each other but instead staring at the other demigods. Annabeth ran up to Percy, hugging him and bombarding him with questions and he led her off, promising to answer them.

I put my head in my hands and sighed. I didn't know what to do now that we had found her. What was I supposed to do? I heard the Wooden stair board creak and felt the weight of someone next to me. I slowly raised up and looked to my right, noticing a familiar brunette with grey eyes. She stared back at me and I faked a small smile.

"Everyone is saying that Priya's back. Is it true?" She asked, more excitedly than she had hoped.
"Yeah, it is. She's in the infirmary right now," I replied, just wishing that people would stop staring at me.
"Jay, I know this is bad timing but... what are we?" Aria asked, desperately.
"What? I don't get-" I said, confused.
"Are we together? Or not? I don't know what to think," she said, avoiding my eyes.
"Were we together before I left?" I asked, wondering if she thought the same.
"Yes... of course we were," she said, furrowing her eyebrows.
"Then why would things change now?"
"Because Priya is back? And she's your ex girlfriend... her 'supposed' death was the event that broke you two apart."
"Aria, relax. Nothing is going to happen, and yes we are together," I said, placing my hand on top of hers and interlocking our fingers, which gained a small smile from her.