Chapter 41.

Chapter 41.

Percy ran upwards towards the centre of camp where the smoke was coming from, and Zale was right behind him, making a quick detour to grab a sword.

Campers were scattering all over, rushing to grab their weapons and armour, as the Athena Cabin assessed their enemies. Percy turned his head towards that direction, and was met by hundreds of glowing eyes staring back at him through the dark.

They slowly backed up in the light, thought the moon appeared brighter now, as if offering them additional help and comfort. He silently thanked Artermis for her help, even if it wasn't intentional.

As the place grew brighter he made out the shapes and forms of his enemies, and more campers had gathered on the borders, And around him, waiting for some signal.

Chiron was dressed in full battle gear, and came galloping out towards them, as Annabeth explained the plan.

He scanned the crowd of monsters for Priya and the other demigods, but didn't see any of them. Only monsters. An entire army of them. They were definitely outnumbered but he tried not to think of that.

Chimeras lined the front of the army, with their hideous lion's head, body of a goat, and the 10 foot snake-headed tail. A mixture of flames and smoke bellowed from the lions' nostrils, making the air a little foggy, holding in it, an impending sense of doom.

About a dozen lycanthropes, and just as much fire breathing horses stood behind, fumes going up into the air.

Archers from Cabin 7 had already perched themselves on tree branches, on the lava wall and the hills in camps, waiting for the signal to fire. Some had taken to the air in chariots and on pegasi, assuming the positions they had practiced.

Percy quickly joined Annabeth and her cabin in deciding where to place the respective cabins, before calling out the orders.

Ares and Athena are on the frontline facing the army. Apollo in the air, and heights with their arrows. Haphaestus and Hermes are supposed to be settling deadly traps and any creations they could come up with that might slow down, but preferably kill the enemies.

He told them the major weak spots to look out for, as well as the most harmful ones. All the other campers will provide reinforcements where needed, and was to be in full alert.

As much as he wanted to stay on the frontlines and fight with them, he needed to be closer to his element. During the discussion, more demigods ran towards him, claiming that a ship was in the camp's water, and on it were a few giants. But that was all they could've made out from the distance.

The ship wasn't yet within the barriers of camp, but in the direction they were headed in, they would be here in maybe 2 hours at most, as Percy checking the bearings of it.

He kissed Annabeth goodbye as she flung on her armour, and rushed down to the beach, trying to use his powers to sink it. He know it would take a great deal of energy, but he could n't use it all up now. Not when the battle was now starting, and they need him more than ever.

The words of the prophecy played over and over in his head, as he ordered the Sea nymphs to try to attack the ship. He made his way back to the top of camp, panting and trying to catch his breath, blowing a whistle for Mrs O'Leary. He heard the sound of her hooves against the ground, before he actually saw her, which was saying a lot.

He thought over the prophecy, the words permanently etched onto his mind.

Only 3 shall return from their venture in the dry high lands
A child of the high, saved by a parent's hand
The jewel returned is safe but yet to be sound
Wandering for help beneath the ground