Chapter 8.

" Priya!! Wait for me!!" shouted Will across the field, with his bow and quiver slung over his shoulder.
I waited and he ran hurriedly to me covered in his oversized armour.
" I need to talk to you about something," he said.
" Uhh sure, let's go somewhere else?"

**

" That's just what I got so far," he said worriedly after explaining a prophecy about saving a God's jewel, which could be potentially dangerous or even fatal. Then again what demigod quest wasn't dangerous?

I'm baffled. Will just told me about this prophecy in which he was choosing me to accompany him, as per Chiron's guidelines.

" Why are you choosing me?" I asked.
" Well, the prophecy sort of said something that I think may apply to you?"
" Will... what did it say?" I asked this time more anxious than the last.
" Okay..it said that ' A child born to the high..' but.." his voice trailed off.
"Hahah great..just great. What the gods does that even mean?"
" Look I don't know.. It wouldn't be a prophecy if we understood it. Will you agree to go?" He said.
" Fine..I agree. Who's the third demigod?" I asked.
" I was hoping that you could've asked Jay to go. You guys are like a dynamic duo and you're great together in battle, so I think we'll get it done with pretty quickly."
" Really? Jay? Fine I'll ask him. But only because you asked. And you're my doctor so I don't want to get on the wrong side of you " I said jokingly.

***
Great. Jay. The last person I wanted to talk to or even see.
I walked into the arena where he was sat with his siblings looking at the other demigods training with his siblings. Always expect the children of Aphrodite to be checking out demigods whilst they're training. However Jay was different in that way from the usual stereotypes. He actually enjoyed fighting as much as he enjoyed flirting.
" Jay!! Can I speak to you please?" I shouted across the room.
He broke his stares at the demigod, who was he looking at? He walked over towards me.

"Priya!!" He said with a huge smile and hugged me.
" Jay.. we need to talk. Please."
" Sure I'll follow you," he said and put his sword down, something he was holding though he didn't use it.

***
" So will you agree to go?" I asked him after explaining what Will told me.
" Uhh..yeah sure... I'll agree to that," he said.
" Okay great..I'll go tell Will," I said and stood up.
" Woah- woah... where are you going? We haven't hung out in almost 2 weeks," he said.
" That is not my fault Jay. I made time for you.. but you made time for something else," I said.
" What? What do you mean?" He asked.
" Just forget it. Let's just do the quest. I'm gonna tell Will that you agreed." I said and I walked off.
After I finished talking to Will and walked to  the arena to train, with Percy as he tried to sharpen my battle skills. He begged Chiron to be a part of the quest, but Chiron refused saying that the scent of 2 children of Poseidon was were bound to attract monsters from the moment we stepped outside the camp's borders.