Chapter 14.

Chapter 14

I couldn't sleep. How could I, knowing that Jay was in danger? I tried but I had nightmares and woke up around 4 as I checked the time in Will's watch. He woke up a short while after, immediately sending word back to camp.

"Couldn't sleep huh?" He said.
"Yeah. Back at you. Why are you up so early?"
"Let's just say you get accustomed to it when your boyfriend has nightmares and always knocks on your cabin door to to make sure you're okay."
" Ah I see. Is he okay? After everything that happened with the shadow travel and all?i know it's tiresome to use our powers. Especially to the extent that he did."
"Yeah he's doing well so far. But he stubborn."
"I think our stubbornness may be a family trait," I laughed. "But Thats good. He deserves some rest," I said, playing nervously with my necklace.
"He'll be okay Priya. We'll save him and you'll be together again," we munched in some protein bars, and

***

We started the hike and reached the entrance a long while later. Our plan was to barge in fight off the monsters and rescue Jay. Easy. We went in and there was deadly silence. We walked around, on opposite sides, just as we did the first time. This time, i heard Will shouting and fighting whereas, my path was clear. I reached to the top with my sword in my hand and i fought off some monsters who were starting to close in around me. I turned to face Jay and took out my net. I had to somehow get it across the lava without it touching and burning up, or the heat from the lava melting the plastic. I took out my anchor and pushed it through a crack in the rocks. I barely stood up before an arrow came flying above my head and shot the demigod behind me. I looked back and saw him on the floor. Wow. That was a close one. Thanks Will.
I walked around to the side and did the same and I continued until it was across. I replaced my sword with my bow and quiver. I made an arrow with a rope attached to it in hopes that maybe Jay could hold on while I cut his rope loose. This needed to work.
"Will I'm gonna do it." I shouted down as he had told me to do.

I shot the arrow into the knot that was tied above Jay's feet. I tugged on it to make sure it was stable. I start to climb and almost reached the top when one of the monsters cut the net from beneath us.
I was not going to die in some burning hot lava. I held onto Jay. His skin was flaming hot and sweaty. I heard Will climbing up the rocks and stabbed the monster in its back. Demigods and monsters we were fighting off. How did they even work together? That is if they were working together. But they were all trying to kill us, so I think they were.

"Priya hang on! I'm gonna shoot another arrow and see if i can bring you down first and then go back for Jay. I closed my eyes as he shot his arrow, wrapped his arms around me and fell onto the cold hard rocks.
Please get him down safely. Please. I thought, whilst trying to catch my breath.