Epilogue

*one year later*

"14 minutes and 44 seconds!" Percy shouted as Priya swam back to where he was sitting on the pool deck. "Impressive."

She helped herself up and grabbed the towel from his hand, wiping her face and then wrapping it around her body. Everyone at the indoor pool was staring at them now, since Priya had just held her breath underwater for almost 15 minutes. It was the start of summer break, and she had just finished high school.

Last break when she went home to her mom, she took the summer classes and wrote the junior exams in order to be let in with this senior group, and now she was finally done, and had applied to college.

CUNY, to be exact. Their marine biology programme. She was always obsessed with the sea, and now she was finally being able to do this. That and she always got the weird feeling that she could talk to water animals, but maybe that was all in her head.

Her mother said she had a bad fall, and ended up losing her memory, so if she told them she could hearing animals speaking to her, they would definitely put her in an asylum. She didn't need to worry them anymore.

"I felt like I could've gone longer but my lungs would give out."

Percy chuckled before saying, "they wouldn't. You're one with the water and it wouldn't betray you."

"Ohhhh...Kay then?" Priya looked at him confused.

"Let's get you home. We're going out for dinner  so you could meet my girlfriend."

Priya eyes lit up mischievously at the thought of meeting her older brother's girlfriend, but Percy just rolled his eyes playfully, his smile still resting on his face.

*

Annabeth was lovely and so knowledgeable and she attended UC, Berkeley. In Priya's eyes, she was just perfect. A little too good for her idiot of a brother, but they complimented each other perfectly, that she couldn't complain.

They were constantly teasing each other during dinner, over fries, chicken and milkshakes.

Percy re-introduced his friend Jay (since Priya couldn't remember his name) but he just sat there quietly through the whole thing while Annabeth engaged in conversation with Priya, about multiple sea animals and their Greek origins.

She was really into Greek mythology, and apparently so was Percy because they had spoken a few sentences in Greek.

She had never studied it before, but her mind automatically understood what they said and that confused her even more.

That and constantly hearing the same 8 lines repeated in her dreams. Something about demigods and a quest... something she didn't even bother to remember because it was gibberish.

Annabeth finished her story about how Athena won Poseidon for the place of Athens (because she was smarter and offered them olives, instead of creating horses like Poseidon did).
Percy just rolled his eyes and dug into his fries, avoiding Annabeth and not even listening to them.

Greek mythology. That giant in the basement calling her the blood of Poseidon. The lines...prophecy- the word popped into her head.

Jay, after being silent all night except for ordering, watched her silently- his express is on unreadable, or was it- sadness? Fear? - walked out and into the front of the cafe, leaning his back against the glass window, tilting his head back until his face was towards the sky slightly. It was dark, and only a few cars passed through this street, so they were only illuminated by the streets lamps, and the light above the entrance to the cafe.

She excused herself, as Percy and Annabeth's eyes, had followed Jay out the door, and now watched as Priya exited.

"Is something wrong?" Priya snapped Jay out of the trance, and he looked at her for a split second, before he turned back towards the night sky.