Chapter 24.

Chapter 24

I kept running and I could feel the bandage getting wet with my blood. I turned back and fired an arrow just to let the attacker know that I was armed.

I kept running and ran through a puddle of water but later tripped and fell.
"Priya!! It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you." Said a voice, partially out of breath but not calming down.

I grabbed my bow and pointed it at the man as he came into my sight. He looked around 40 years old, with curly hair falling onto his forehead and a stubby beard. He held his arms up and walked towards me.

He waved his hand and my bow flew to the side of me. I looked at him even more intrigued now.

"You're bleeding. Let me help you," he said calmly.
"Who are you?" I asked, still defensive.
"I'm your father, Priya. We need to have a chat."

I looked at him with disbelief.
"I don't believe you," I replied even though I knew deep down that his kind smile and eyes were that of Poseidon.
"I helped you escape from Tartarus. I was the one who bandaged you when you were badly hurt."

I dropped to the floor now in pain as my adrenaline was wearing off and my blood started to flow even more. He rushed over to me and put my head on his lap and took more bandaged from my bag and replaced the soaked one.

"Why can't you just use your powers to heal me?" I screamed through my pain.
"You're too weak, Priya. I didn't want to hurt you even more than you were."
"Do it. Now. I'm okay. Do it."
"Priya, I cannot take the chance with it."
"Poseidon...Dad...please."

He raised his hand and put it on the cut until a glow flowed like that of water into it and it was healed at once. I however, was still screaming in pain as it felt like someone was searing my flesh. Everything went black.

I woke up to Poseidon staring at my face while stroking my hair.
"Thank the Gods you're okay. I told you it would've been too risky."
"I'm fine. It's healed isn't it?" I sat up against a tree.

We sat for a few minutes in silence, not knowing what to say to each other. I turned towards him, staring at his prominent features.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course."
"Why are you here?"
He turned to look at me, his eyes held a little hurt to them. "I helped you out of Tartarus. And I figured you would need some help with training so I decided to come here to train you myself... for the sake of old times."
I looked at him even more skeptical than before. 
"And Zeus allowed that?" I blurted out, immediately regretting it as through the bright blue sky, thunder rolled loudly.

"Well... I have to return at nights so my brother doesn't notice but I think it's a risk I'm willing to take."
"Now that we've gotten that out of the way, why are you really here?" I asked raising my eyebrow.
"I need a favour, Priya."
"Why didn't you ask Percy? He seems to be the better child here. I'm sure he could get it done," I replied.
"No. It needs to be you. And you need to be prepared, both mentally and physically for when that time arrives."
"What is that time?" I asked.
"I can't say, what or when it is going to happen. But It will. That's why I'm here to help you to become a greater warrior than you are."
"I fort need your training. That's why I gave camp and Chiron."
"As much as I admire my dear centaur Chiron, he cannot prepare you for this."

***

(Jay's POV)
All I heard was screaming, hard breathing and someone shouting my name. It was Piper.
"Jay!! Wake up!" She shouted and shook me a little. "You started cold sweating and tossing and turning."
I sat up on my bed and drank the water she handed me.
"Nightmares again?" She asked, her hair messy since my screams had woken her up.
"Yeah... I thought they were gone since I didn't have one in a few weeks."
"Still of her? Or something else?"
"Still her. It's always going to be her. It's been 3 months since I've last seen her, Piper."
She looked at me her face with sorrow in it, knowing that everyone believed her to be dead.

"I know brother. But there will be a time when you won't remember her or what happened."
" That's what I'm afraid of. Forgetting her."
She nodded, leaned over and hugged me.
"Let's go to the lake, shall we?" She asked and  stood up, extending her hand.
I looked over at the clock on the wall.
"Piper, it's 2:30 in the morning. You need some rest. Plus we're not even supposed to be out after after curfew."
" You never refuse to go to the lake. Besides, I'm sure Chiron can make an exception for us," she smiled abs only then I realised how much she looked like our mother.

I got up and threw on a sweater and walked out after Piper.