51)

"O you who have believed, indeed the polytheists are unclean, so let them not approach al-Masjid al-Haram after this, their [final] year. And if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you from His bounty if He wills. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Wise."

[At-Taubah 9:28]

Allah commands His believing servants, who are pure in religion and person, to expel the idolators who are filthy in the religious sense, from Al-Masjid Al-Haram. After the revelation of this Ayah, idolators were no longer allowed to go near the Masjid. This Ayah was revealed in the ninth year of Hijrah. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasallam) sent 'Ali in the company of Abu Bakr that year to publicize to the idolators that no Mushrik will be allowed to perform Hajj after that year, nor a naked person allowed to perform Tawaf around the House. Allah completed this decree, made it a legislative ruling, as well as, a fact of reality.

This Ayah indicates that idolators are impure and that the believers are pure. In the Sahih is the following,

"The believer does not become impure."

Muhammad bin Ishaq commented, "The people said, 'Our markets will be closed, our commerce disrupted, and what we earned will vanish.'

So Allah revealed this verse. This Ayah means, this will be your compensation for the closed markets that you feared would result. Therefore, Allah compensated the believers for the losses they incurred because they severed ties with idolators, by the Jizyah they earned from the People of the Book.''

The last art of the verse means Allah is, in His orders and prohibitions, wise. For He is All-Perfect in His actions and statements, All-Just in His creations and decisions, Blessed and Hallowed be He. This is why Allah compensated Muslims for their losses by the amount of Jizyah that they took from the people of Dhimmah.

The assurance for the believers who feared poverty is given by Allah in a beautiful way; that if we fight for Allah and obey Him in every essence, then we need not to be feared by people cutting off our supplies or people opposing us. As long as Allah is with us, He will keep enriching us with His bounty. And His bounty is endless.

Things we learnt:

> The idolaters and polytheists are impure for Allah's clean and pure Masjid al-Haram as it is an abode for the believers, who listen and obey Allah. The reason for the polythiests being called impure is that shirk or blasphemy is the biggest sin in Islam and those who do such sins deny the Oneness of Allah which is the very ideology on which Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) and Hazrat Isma'il (A.S) built Allah's house; Masjid al-Haram. Even though shirk is an unforgivable sin, Allah's mercy always envelops those who do pure taubah (repentance) and and don't despair of Allah's mercy. Such people turn pure as they are chosen by Allah to be led away from the darkness and towards the light. They become a part of Allah's pure people, for whom Masjid al-Haram is an abode.

> Allah reassured the believers who were afraid of falling into poverty that if they do fall in poverty because of fighting with the idolaters, then Allah is enough to provide them with His endless bounty until the day they stand on their feet again. Ofcourse, even after that, everyone's bounty comes solely from Allah.

> Allah is Knowing and Wise of the people who fight with their lives for Him and hence He provides them with His bounty. However, conversely, Allah is also aware of those who become selfish and choose the worldly life and sell their afterlife. We must always prioritize our hereafter as it is our only oppurtunity to meet the Creator and the Forgiver, the One who knows each of our shameful sins and yet hides them, the One who provides limitlessly for us even though we abandon prayers, the One who loves us at all times even when we only remember Him when we fall down, the One who protects us and guides us, the One who forgives our life long sins by just one sincere drop of tear from the eye, accepts our prayers even if we become forgetful and ungrateful and the One who loves us unconditionally and wants our best.

May Allah guide is to the right path.
Ameen.
Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.