34)

"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."

[Al-Maidah 5:51]

The topic regarding teaming up with Christians and Jews has been previously discussed.

Indeed it is asserted again and again because it's of great importance. Allah ta'ala warns us of the ulterior motives behind the transgressors. They aim for obliteration of Islam and hence begin with brainwashing the Muslims which poses a danger to Islam. Those with evil intentions won't be satisfied until they have misled the believers and hence we should be aware of their motives.

It is to be clarified again that befriending and being kind to them as fellow humans is not disallowed but allying with them and obeying their virtues and lifestyle is disallowed.

Because a person is known by the company he keeps. Hence the more he involves himself with those who are enemies of Allah and Islam, the more he becomes like them and Allah refers to that sort of person as though he is a part of the transgressors.

The transgressors are those who have strayed from the path after receiving light and guidance from Allah. And it is not Allah's method to guide those who are fond of being misled.

Hence if a person purposefully walks in the dark after receiving the light from the Creator, then he has strayed. And Allah clarifies that He does not guide those who have strayed and are the wrongdoers.

Those in the dark are present in the dark together. Hence Allah refers to Christians and Jews as eachother's allies because when it comes to Islam, they forget their own fights and contradictions in religions and team up against Islam.

As for those who have led themselves astray and wish to come back, if merely the thought or intention of tawba (repentence) is present then Allah surely forgives those who sincerely repent. And Allah knows best.

Things we learnt:

> Those believers who aim to stay steadfast in the path of Allah, it is commanded for them to not follow the tactics and trends of Christians and Jews and those of other religions since they hold enmity towards Islam.

> Those believers who follow and obey Christians and Jews are a part of them.

> Christians and Jews although have many dissimilarities among themselves but their common ground is their enmity towards Islam. Hence in this matter, they form an alliance and go against Islam as allies.

> Allah does not guide those who perform wrong and not seek repentence.

May Allah forgive us and guide us.
Ameen.
Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.