33)

"O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed."

[Al Maidah 5:35]

The perfect set of instructions for a believer are found in this verse. Qur'an is a special and universal holy Book and the last Word of Allah which will remain till the end of times. Hence it's implications and overflowing benefactory knowledge is not only caged till a certain perid of time. Rather, it is timeless.

Whether it was 1400 years ago or now, the comprehensive meaning of Qur'an enlightens the souls of the believers because of it's knowledge which is boundless and not restricted by time.

This verse is a prime example of that.

The key to success is explained in such simple and heart captivating words by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. These keys are not bound by time. At any time or era, a person can achieve success by these set of wholesome instructions.

The utmost and prior instruction is to fear Allah. As only Allah decides the destiny of a person, a person must keep the fear of Allah alive in his heart so that he might please Allah. Taqwa (fear of Allah) has many important results.

To protect yourself from the Wrath of Allah by not indulging in things that Allah forbids is generally called Taqwa. It is a high state of heart, which keeps one conscious of Allah's presence and His Knowledge.

Taqwa motivates the person who possesses it to perform righteous deeds and avoid forbidden activities.

The word taqwa with its derivatives is mentioned over 200 times in the Quran.

Allah Almighty told us about Al mutaqeen (those who have taqwa):

{Indeed, Allah loves al-mutaqeen.}.(Quran 3:76)

{Indeed, al-mutaqeen will be in a secure place.} (Quran 44:51)

{Indeed, al-mutaqeen will be among gardens and springs.} (Quran 51:15)

{Indeed, the [mutaqeen] will be among shades and springs. And fruits from whatever they desire, [Being told], "Eat and drink in satisfaction for what you used to do." Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good.} (Quran 77:41-44)

{And whoever fears Allah (have taqwa) - He will make for him a way out. And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.} (Quran 65:2-3)

{[...] and whoever fears Allah (have taqwa) - He will remove for him his misdeeds and make great for him his reward.} (Qur'an 65:5)

{Gardens of perpetual residence, which they will enter, beneath which rivers flow. They will have therein whatever they wish. Thus does Allah reward [al mutaqeen].} (Quran 16:31)

The next guidance is to seek for means to be closer to Allah. To be nearer to Allah. For this to happen, only a pure intention is the method. When a believer truly wants to get close to Allah, Allah shatters all barriers and reaches out His light on the believer. Indeed, Allah is ever so gentle with believers.