20)

"O you who have believed, do not consume one another's wealth unjustly but only [in lawful] business by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves [or one another]. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful."

[An-Nisa 4:29]

Do not revert to illegal ways and means to acquire money. However, there is no harm in commercial transactions that transpire between the buyer and the seller with mutual consent, so that money is legally earned from these transactions. Mujahid said, "By selling and buying, or giving someone a gift.''

In this verse, there are four commands; to refrain from unjust means of consuming other's money, but to share money by business mutually and justly, not to kill oneself and not to kill others.

In a way, the first two commands are the basis of the next two commands. The main message in the first two commands is to refain from injustice and to promote justice.

The second two commands are to refrain from suicide as suicide is injustice upon oneself and to refrain from killing others which is injustice upon them. Hence, the one common thing in all four is the promotion of justice and Just itself is one of Allah's names. Justice is the attribute of Allah and Allah has said;

"(Assume) the attributes of Allah! and who is fairer than Allah in attributes? We are His worshippers ever."

[Qur'an 2:138]

Allah is the Creator and we are His creation hence a part of Him should reflect in us. Forgiveness is the attribute of Allah and it must also reflect in us. Ofcourse, we can never be as forgiving as Allah but a part of it should be in us. Likewise, justice is the attribute of Allah and while we cannot be as just as Him, we must show a part of it among ourselves by being just.

Things we learnt:

> To be just, fair in dealings whether we are dealing with a stranger or a familiar. It is the sunnah of Allah as well as Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) to always be just.

> On should depend upon his own wealth and strive to earn more in lawful ways rather than averting to unlawful and unjust ways to consume others' wealth.

> Business, trade (tijarat) which involves sharing of wealth with mutual consent is the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and Allah's sunnah as well! Allah said in the Holy Qur'an;

"... So recite what is easy from it and establish prayer and give zakah and loan Allah a goodly loan. And whatever good you put forward for yourselves - you will find it with Allah . It is better and greater in reward. And seek forgiveness of Allah . Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

[Qur'an 73:20]

Allah said in a hadith e qudsi, "Spend on Me (in charity) O son of Adam and I shall spend on you."

Allah says in surah Tauba;

"God has bought from the believers their selves and weath because Paradise is for them."

[Qur'an 9:111]

> Murder is unlawful. Allah referred to killing a person as killing the whole humanity.

> Suicide is unlawful in Islam.

O

n the authority of Jundub ibn Abdullah (R.A), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

There was amongst those before you a man who had a wound. He was in [such] anguish that he took a knife and made with it a cut in his hand, and the blood did not cease to flow till he died. Allah the Almighty said: My servant has himself forestalled Me; I have forbidden him Paradise.

(Al-Bukhari)

May Allah guide us to the right path.
Ameen.
Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.