37)

"O you who have believed, do not prohibit the good things which Allah has made lawful to you and do not transgress. Indeed, Allah does not like transgressors."

[Al-Maidah 5:87]

Some believers believed that they could give up certain permissible things which are not a part of servitude (ibadah) and focus solely on those acts of service which were benefactory for the afterlife. However, nowhere in Islam is it asserted that one should completely give up the worldly life and focus only on the afterlife. True, the afterlife is  more important as it is eternal but Allah gave us this life to test us. So as long as we don't divert to wrong ways, doing permissible things which do not count as ibadah are nnot prohibited.

Hence Allah commanded those believers to not prohibit the permissible things because whatever is permissible is out of the range of harm. Allah is more aware of the things which are harmful for us and Allah piled those things up under the heading of "haraam". Hence what isn't haram (forbidden) must not be prohibited as all the halaal (permissible) things have some good in them.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala asserts that the things made lawful to us by Allah must not be prohibited because if they consisted any kind of evil, Allah wouldn't have had made them permissible.

Next, Allah commands the believing servants to not transgress. It means, do not exaggerate and make it hard for yourselves by prohibiting the permissible things. Do not transgress the limits by excessively indulging in the permissible matters; only use of it what satisfies your need; and do not fall into extravagance. 

The word transgress means to go beyond the limits. Allah clearly mentions the limits and boundaries in which a believer has to stay. Whorver transgresses and goes beyond these limits, he faces Allah's wrath. Some of the limits of Allah are; fornication, adultery, theft, drinking alcohol, turning back towards enemy in-between a battle etc.

The transgressors of these limits are disliked by Allah. Hence we must practice to abide by the rules and regulations set by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Things we learnt:

> To not prohibit what Allah has made lawful i.e to not haraam the halaal.

> To not transgress any limit of Allah.

> Allah dislikes the trasgressors.

May Allah forgive us and guide us.
Ameen.
Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.