31)

"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do."

[Surah Maidah 5:8]

This verse is somewhat similar to Ayah 135 from Surah Aal-e-Imran which we have discussed previously.

The orders of standing firm in the fight for Islam as the soldiers of Allah and maintaining justice by seeking equality is mentioned. It is the duty of ummat e Muhammadia to stand as witnesses for justice so that on the day of Judgement, our Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasallam) can stand in witness to us.

The command of being just in all situations is asserted by Allah 3 times within this one verse. It serves as an emblem of Islam. Islam is a religion which stands on justice. It's roots are made out of pure and passionate justice of our ancestors. Even in today's cruel world, some people stand on the front line in the name of Allah and battle off the evil.

Justice is righteousness. Infact, one of Allah's name is The Just. As a creation of the One who is the most just, a portion of His justice should reflect within us.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala even asserted that the hatred of those around us should not prevent us from being just. In today's era or the previous one, the problem of giving up on justice due to fear and hatred of those around us was common. Allah ta'ala assured that justice is closer to righteousness and Allah holds a specia reward for those who never give up on justice.

Hence, to a poor person, or an orphan, or an illiterate person, or an elder or to a smaller person or even towards a sinner, we must never be unjust. Because if Allah chose for there not to be a punishment for the sinner then who are we to decide what he deserves? In Allah's hands is the accounting. And Allah knows best so we must never let go of justice and righteousness.

It is not enough for believers to uphold justice themselves: they are expected to be its standard-bearers. They are supposed not merely to practise justice in their own dealings but to strive for its triumph. They have to do all within their power to ensure that injustice is eradicated and replaced by equity and justice. A true believer is required to be the pillar supporting the establishment of right and justice.

To stay in the element of justice, Allah reminded the Believers to fear Allah in their tasks. Allah wants us to be upright and just in our dealings hence reminds us that He is the All-Seeing and we must fear Him in our actions.

Things we learnt:

> A believer is required to presist and stand firm for Allah and Islam.

> A believer should be a witness in justice as he must never uphold and cross the barrier justice.

> The hatred of those around us must not lure us into injustice because Allah is closer to us than any of the people around. Allah is the Knower and the Seeing. We must fear Him more than those around us because taqwa (fear of Allah) is thr road map to justice and righteousness.

May Allah guide us to the right path.
Ameen.
Wama alayna illal balaghul mubeen.