An amused laugh rippled from her lips and she quickly covered her mouth with her palms after realizing the noise she just made. Her inhaler dropped to the ground and I picked it up instantly.

Fifty six...

Fifty seven.

"Do you think he heard us?" Her eyes wide and fearful.

We have three minutes to time out.

He probably did.

And Enzo might even be on the door.

I held my breath as I waited for what's about to come. Gwen's hand was in mine as she prayed silently. Our time was up.

The library door flew open and I tightened my hold on Gwen's hand as Enzo entered the room. She shut her eyes . Her skin felt cold in my grip as blood rushed from her fingers to somewhere below. There was terror in both our beating hearts. I reached for the surgical blade in my pants pocket, making sure it was there for incase I needed it. He already knows we're hiding behind this curtain from the surveillance. And We've already spoken to God and hopefully the pain will be bearable.

"I love you....." She whispered to me and I held onto those words before Enzo ripped open the curtain and grabbed me by my neck, tearing me from Gwen and dragging me in the center of the room. I could barely breathe from the vicious hold he had on my neck. His eyes red from anger and his veins dilated.

His fist landed heavily on my jaw that blood gashed from my mouth. A sharp pain radiated through my skull and my ears started ringing. He towered over me with his height, the power from his large size was difficult to rise against. He spat on my face, clenching his hand around my neck. I couldn't breath anymore. His saliva dripped from my cheek and I wanted to spit on his face as well but I avoided angering him more.

I lost my balance and landed on the floor when he punched me again.

Don't make a sound.

Don't make a sound.

I repeated to myself even through I wanted to scream from the pain.

My eyes landed on Gwen who was breathing through her inhaler. She held her chest tightly while struggling to breathe. Her body was shaking from panic, as though on the verge of a panic attack.

Enzo rose above me, bending to grab my shirt collar and pull me towards him from the ground. My neck was already sore but he choked me with the collar savagely, suffocating me. My lungs started to burn .... I used my hands to try and break his choke hold but he was too strong. I kept on struggling to free myself, but couldn't. I was starting to get scared when I felt my eyes dripping tears and the Oxygen deprivation causing my body to get weaker......It felt like my soul was living my body.

Enzo looked me straight in the eyes with so much hatred, his dark eyes threatening and intimidating my desire to fight back. "You wanted to escape right! Did you really think it's possible? I'll make sure that both you and her...... together with that doctor rot in hell." My soul sank to the garters. He knows about our plan. How.....!!!! I was filled with fear.

My chest was on fire, he choked me harder, tightening his grip and my eyes began rolling to my sockets as I threw my legs in the air. My vision was blurring, my body completely drained of the energy while white foam exited my mouth.

I used the little strength left in me to reach for my pocket. The pain on my neck was undescribable , that physical pain traveled throughout my entire body, I could feel it in my bones. I was so close to recovering the blade. I stretched my hand but I couldn't reach it. I tried harder, just one centimeter further......