Seventy Seven |

Seventy Seven |

We arrived back to the Town of Roses late into the night. My ideal was to head right to bed and do some secret reading, unfortunately, Alana had other ideas. Upon our arrival, she requested our presence in her office. At her side was Raymond ready to swoop up the loot we had found.

We sat in her office, chairs had been set up much like when Landon was banished. This was much different however, as Alana seemed content in prowling on to Jax and Spencer about the mission. First they discussed Alexander and Summer before Alana dismissed Lisa and the two to take them to the farm.

"How will Summer's diabetes be treated?" I asked suddenly, interrupting.

Raymond looked over at me with a warm smile, "There are many ways humanity has fought illnesses much before technology. Eating fiber, for example, decreases blood sugar and insulin concentrates. Cider vinegar is also extremely good for the body. Chromiun, zinc, aloe vera, berberine, cinnamon, fenugreek, nopal—oh I could go on. Lucky for us, most of those can be grown at the farm. For now however, I can take this insulin and make a fake insulin with what I have at the clinic."

My eyes widened, "How do you know so much about plants?"

"My wife actually," he chuckled, a certain spark in his eyes, "While I was a doctor, she was a very popular pagan in our community. Heck, even through stage four cancer my beautiful witch would still go to see the ones in our community that couldn't afford healthcare. I remember she tended to our fifty year old neighbour Lakin who had gotten pneumonia. Oh, sorry I'm rambling."

My heart broke for him. Never had Raymond spoken about his wife and now I knew why. I felt disgusted in myself—why had she died of cancer and yet I got a free pass? It wasn't fair. I turned my head towards Sebastian to hide my tears, my hair covering my face. His gaze stayed on Alana but his hand moved to hold mine.

It made me smile slightly.

"Well," Alana hummed, "On another note. While I know Annie does not mind you staying I do. There is simply not enough room, not to mention the two new little ones. I had a townhouse cleaned and dusted for your arrival, Lori is already there."

"Were's Leon?" I asked confused.

She smiled slightly, "Leon seemed to home up with Annie."

"Doesn't he take up room?" I asked.

The old woman snorted, "Leon seems to be just fine in Annie's bed."

My jaw dropped.

"Alana!" Raymond gasped.

She waved him off, "I've heard enough. Seems like the mission was a success, you all may leave. Jax please check in with Cameron and return to your duties after showing our guests to their new home."

"Yes ma'am."

We left, with Jax silently leading the group. The townhouse to my surprise was Landon's old home. It left a bad taste in my mouth but I said nothing. Jax waved to the place with attitude before storming off. My brow rose as I pondered what he had shoved up his ass now. As I followed him with my gaze, I noticed Lori working on cars. A bright smile played on my lips, good for her. She fit well into this place.

Heading inside, I noticed the layout was more or less like Jax's house (aside from having two floors instead of one, and the place was smaller. I hummed, exploring the place noticing each room had a small sign with our names on it. I found my room and beside it was Sebastian's.