Sixteen |

Peering down the hall, I quickly noted it was as empty as the room at the very end of the hall. I know because I checked. With time running out; I grabbed Fredrick's body by the very end of the blanket he was wrapped in and started pulling him down the hall.

It was a struggle to say the least. But I somehow managed to haul the heavy body down the hall and to the door. I opened it, and dragged the body inside. Closing the door behind me, I tugged harshly on one side of the blanket. Fredrick tumbled out and landed on the cold, uncarpeted floor.

I paused, now looking around the room. It was much different than my own. With an oak framed bed covered in a cute lime cover. It didn't have a dresser, however it did have a large wardrobe in one corner and a desk beside the bed. Although fancier furniture was in this room I think my room was much better still.

I glanced at the floors which were a nice wood flooring. My eyes glanced around then stopped at the body and I frowned. To think I almost forgot about the dead man. The man I murdered. I shivered at that dangerous guilt. It didn't matter that he was going to kill me, that he had tortured me. What mattered is I killed a living breathing person.

I looked down at my distorted nail-less fingers. The dull pain was no match compared to the ache in my heart. That made me angry. It made me angry and it made me fill with a dark sorrow. Why did I think taking his life was such a sin?

"Damn it Mira, he was torturing you," I snapped, wiping away tears angrily.

It didn't matter now. I needed to leave the room and play dumb. I turned to go, behind me I was shocked to his a disgruntled moan. He had already turned then, I needed to go now.

I pulled open the door, and left the room. Making sure the door clicked shut behind me. The zom would stay trapped in there until someone heard it. But that wasn't good enough for me, I didn't want anyone stumbling in there and getting bit because of me.

Once I got to the outside of my room I noted a woman exiting one of the other rooms. I hid my ugly hand and grabbed her gently with my other. She paused, to smile at me.

"Can I help you?" She asked happily.

I hated to damper her happy mood however, this needed to be dealt with. I plastered a nervous smile onto my face and forced a laugh.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but Lisa had told me that the room at the very end of the hall," I pointed to make sure she got the memo, "was acting weird. Moans and banging? She thinks she even heard a scream earlier, and as a mere visitor here I wasn't sure who to tell."

She gasped, visibly paling against her face tattoo, "Lisa should have told a guard or Alpha, I'm sorry she told you. I will tell Alpha right away, don't worry about a thing!"

I smiled, thanking her. She smiled back giving me a quick hug then scurried off to go tell Alpha. A sigh escaped my lips and I ran my good hand through my hair, what a mess. But Luna and Alpha really did have wonderful people here.

I returned to my room then, completely exhausted. I had trust in Alpha to deal with the zom and I was certain they wouldn't suspect me of anything. How could they I've given no information out? The door closed behind me and I looked around the dimly lit room to make sure it was empty.

Fredrick's appearance before now made me suspicious and paranoid. However, after checking the bathroom, the room and under the bed I was certain I was completely alone. Only then did I throw the blanket in my bad hand onto the blood soaked bed and fell forward.

I turned my head to blow out the candle leaving me in complete darkness. What time was it? I had no idea however, all I knew within seconds I was drifting away into a wonderful, blissful sleep.