Forty Three |

Forty Three |

The refurbished wolf reserve now named Wolf Cove was acers upon acers wide and just as long in a perfect square. It stood fenced in by an electric fence that was powered by wind mills in the east-south that were apparently so loud, the four mills took up a fourth of the land itself.

However, if you walked past the manor that stood in the center (also was just told by Alpha that the manor wasn't actually a manor at all. It was actually something called a planetarium which Leon said explained the size of the large house) you would reach the housing. The housing just north of the manor (because planetarium was a fucking mouthful) was made up of cottages.

From the cottages if you walked east you would find a large warehouse meant for storage. And, through the trees in the not so distant south you could see the one farm house and barn home to deer, goats and apparently ducks.

The warehouse itself was pretty much empty on the first floor (it having one floor and a basement, the basement being used as a cooler for all food storage, including fermenting wine and other preservatives) which, is where I currently stood in front of Alpha panting like a dog.

When Luna said it would be tough I should have knew that meant practically impossible. Alpha had just finished making me run six laps around the massive warehouse, four sets of fifty jumping jacks, thirty push-ups and a five minute plank. This had gone on for the past two days. I stood on shaking legs downing my second bottle of water.

And it wasn't even noon.

"Water breaks shouldn't be taking this long," he whistled.

I moaned, dumping the rest of the bottle onto my face, "Give me a break Alpha."

"I just did, a two minute one. Get your ass back into gear."

Groaning loud enough for anyone outside to hear I dropped the now empty bottle at my feet and shook my head. As if to get any of the loose drops off. At least now you couldn't distinguish my sweat from water.

Taking a step back into the big square that was made into the ground with duct tape, Alpha rose the makeshift sword in his hand. Aka, a broom stick minus the broom and missing two inches. I sighed, raising my own weapon – a mop stick missing a mop and minus an inch. He nodded, his eyes like a hawks on my hands.

"Good for heavy attacks. Show me the other position," he ordered.

I moved my right hand off the stick, holding the stick with my left. Keeping the stick steady with my left hand low, pointing the end towards Alpha at an angle. My right hand out at my side for balance and defense.

"Excellent," he praised, "Now show me your attacks."

I nodded, a grin on my face as I moved the stick up diagonally left to right. Then, without pausing bring it back to my shoulder and horizontally right to left. Alpha called this a "swipe" due to the fact it reminded him of what a cat does.

"Now attack me with everything you have!" he roared, a curling smirk on his face.

"Right!"

I charged him, instantly both hands clutching the stick as I swung with my full force. He tossed his stick aside and caught mine with the palm of his hand. My eyes widened as he easily yanked it from my fingers before using it to thrust it into my stomach.

Instantly pain erupted and I doubled over, trying to catch my breath.

"It's not a baseball bat. How are you going to remember the sword's sweet spots when you can't even remember while using a stick?" he demanded, "We'll start again tomorrow. I'm hungry."