Thirty Seven |

WHAT IS THIS? 

AN UPDATE ON TIME?!? 

Must be the start of an actual apocalypse...oh wait nope. Just Captain avoiding life! 

Enjoy! 

Thirty Seven |

"We will be leaving by the end of the week," Leon told me, "Pack anything important to you. We won't be back here for a while."

We currently were washing the farm cow (Bessie) with soap and water. With the snow outside melting, the cow had ran right through a muddy puddle. When Annie said she'd wash the cow down, Leon instantly volunteered for the duty.

I was playing dolls with Sophie and Sarah when Leon hauled me away. His excuse was he needed someone to keep the cow calm while

"Are you ok with just leaving Annie behind?" I asked running my palm down Bessie's snout.

Leon paused from his handiwork. His eyes slowly slid to me – they revealed nothing. After a moment, he continued to brush the soap into her fur as if I hadn't spoken. I sighed knowing he'd tell me nothing, and continued to pet Bessie. It was calming, distracting me from the thousands of problems that plagued my mind.

"You left last night," Leon said after a while, "Did you kill him?"

"Who?" I asked knowing full well what he was getting at.

He said nothing once more as he picked up the bucket of warm water. I watched as he dumped it over her back. The water cascaded down and puddled under her. She shifted from hoof to hoof, and I hummed lowly, soothingly.

"At least he won't be a problem now," Leon mused, "His cousin might. She went with him I heard. Did you kill her too? I'm hoping so."

"What?" I snapped, "She's innocent!"

"You're right. And now you've given her a reason for vengeance. You should have killed her and freed her from that cycle. Landon killed Cerci, so you killed Landon. What's to stop her from coming back to try and kill you? Use your head – she left the only life she knew to be with her cousin. That shows where her loyalties lay. It shows where her heart lays. The heart forces people to make bold moves. She will be back because you spared her."

Guilt riddled me as I found myself realizing he was right. I should have killed her. Innocence is fleeting but vengeance doesn't fade. I knew this well. It made my stomach curl and bile bubbled up my throat.

"Whatever Leon," I snarled shoving past him and towards the door, "Whatever."

The cow let out a noise of fear, as the other animals grew loud with fear. I turned back to them, concerned something was wrong. Only to realize that it was I who scared the animals. Leon's attention was on me as a look of surprise.

"That's definitely new," he muttered.

I blinked, calming down and tilting my head towards him, "What's going on?"

"How long have your eyes been getting red?" he asked ignoring my question.

My brows furrowed. Cam had brought up the same issue. I found myself turning to the window to review my reflection. The results didn't surprise me. I don't know what red eyes he saw but my eyes were the same emerald hue they have always been.

"Red how?" I asked turning back to him.

Maybe my eyes were reddening when I was becoming angry? That, I could understand. I suddenly felt foolish that my mind automatically thought of my iris. Which, was impossible. I was no supernatural being, this was no fairy tale.