Sixty Six |

*I think we've all be waiting for this...

Sixty Six |

Despite not getting any sleep all night, Leon refused to give me one of the look-out shifts. Not wanting to wake Lori or Lisa, I begrudgingly agreed. So, all night I sat staring at the fire with the company of Sebastian beside me. I think he was doing it to keep me sane, little did he know he was driving me insane.

"You're so dumb!" I couldn't help the laugh that slipped from my lips.

He rolled his eyes, looking down at the granola bar that lay in the fire. The man had the smart idea to "toast" the chocolate chip and almond granola bar by shoving it on the end of a stick. Only, when the bar began warming, it slipped off the stick and into the fire.

"Easy love," he pouted, "I've learned my lesson. Gimmie yours, I want to try again."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't have one. Remember? I didn't get a bag."

He blinked, "No, I didn't get a bag. I was carrying yours."

"What? Why?" I shrieked, "Why didn't you get a bag? Why carry mine?"

"I didn't want a bag. I can go a while without eating anyways."

"Says the man trying to roast granola bars," I snickered.

This carried on until the sun began to rise. Then, Leon began waking up the others, and putting out the fire (but not before lighting up a cigarette) before packing up his bag. I watched with a small smirk as he helped Lisa with her bag. It was like he had two sisters now.

"Alright," he hummed, standing, "I'll lead the way."

My brow rose, "How the hell do you know where the town is?"

His eyes flickered over to me, but didn't reply. Instead, began trekking through the trees. Lori chuckled and began following after her brother. I could feel the frown on my face as my mind whirled with the question. Why did he know how to get to the town when he's only been once? I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

We began following after Leon, I was more relaxed today. Despite the fear and panic that plagued my mind, the fact was Maxwell didn't attack last night when we were the most vulnerable. That meant for now, we were safe. I bit my lip nervously as my eyes flickered to Sebastian who walked beside me. His eyes met mine and he winked. I snickered, my eyes rolling as I attempted to ignore the blush on my cheeks.

Such a fool.

We continued our trek through the forest all day, with little breaks. I doubted Leon's abilities many times but he was sure of his internal map. Soon, the sun was setting eventually, my legs burned and I knew Lisa was feeling the same. She dragged her legs behind our grouping, and I knew I'd be falling behind soon too. At least we only came across a few zoms.

"Ok," I panted, leaning against an apple tree, "We got to stop for a while."

Leon rolled his eyes, "No need. We're here."

I blinked, looking around, a grin growing on my face. Leaning off the apple tree I instantly recognized the fence in the distance. A squeal of delight flew from my lips, my heart began pounding. I was home. I was home!

"Come on!" I laughed, and began running towards the fence.

"OI!" Sebastian yelled after me, "Careful!"

I ignored him and soon we were all running towards the fence, weaving in and out of bright and vibrant apple trees. A zombie stumbled out from one of the trees in front of me, I was not going to let it ruin my mood. I giggled, pulling my sword free of it's home on my hip before slicing towards his head. Cutting through his soggy skull and mush of brain. It fell, no longer moving and I pushed forward.