One Hundred Sixteen |

I'm back! And I promise no more hiatus for a while; ha ha. 

Thank you for your love and patience! Updates will happen every Tuesday, and Beyond the Wolf will be updated every Friday <3      

One Hundred Sixteen |

"Wow."

I chuckled nervously, "Yeah."

"That's a lot to take it," he mumbled over the sounds of kid's squealing sounded from Jax's old room which had apparently been turned into a play room, "Like a lot."

I nodded slowly, "I imagine so."

He looked at me for a long while before sighing, "But taking it all in is my problem. I'm sorry you had to go through this all alone, that must have been really scary."

I could feel tears rising to my eyes and I desperately fought them off, "It was for a long time but I-I think it's ok now. I have so many people who love me, and that makes everything that happened worth it."

Cam smiled, "I hope you know I'm on the list."

A giggle escaped my lips, "Yes. Thank you."

After our little meeting, I could feel a lightness fill my heart. I felt much better and that made me determined to fix everything. I would make it so Maxwell could never take away the happiness of those I loved so much. I would fix this broken world so their smiles never faded and that was always my promise.

As I jumped off the porch, a new hop in my step, I could see Jessica waiting back at the gate with Jax and Leon in tow. My eyes scanned the area and I noticed Raymond was no where to be found. As I reached them, Jessica's scolding glare met my eyes and I couldn't help but wonder how long Cam and I had been talking. It couldn't have been more than a few hours.

"Where have you been?" Jessica snapped as I got over to them.

Jax's brow rose but he said nothing.

"Talking to Cam," I replied, with a shrug, "Let me guess, we're leaving early again."

Sam tilted his head, "It's not really early. Actually, we've been here for six and a half hours, while you were only in my home for three. The meeting here took longer than expected as Dr. Brown was waiting for the letter from Dr. Brown."

I blinked, understanding none of that.

Jessica rolled her eyes, "Dr. Brown from the Isle of Paradise is the sibling of Raymond Brown. So, Maeve wasn't needed here because we can leave the doctors to communicate, however, we were waiting for the letter from the island before we could leave."

I nodded, "Right."

"So now we're going to leave," she repeated slowly.

I nodded, "Okay."

Jax frowned, running a hand through those blonde locks, "Are you sure you can't stay for a bit longer? At least stay for some food, or the night even."

I opened my mouth to reply when Jessica shook her head, "Not possible. We have to go to the Wolf Cove, and then the Mountains and the Labyrinth within three days."

"Mira," Jax whispered, "I only just got you back."

I smiled, patting his arm, "Once all this shit is done with, let's have a dinner and talk ok? We'll throw a party with everyone at the bar, like the old days."