Eighty Eight |

Eighty Eight |

~Zero

"Mira!"

I blinked my thoughts back, looking across the porch at Cerci. She wore a light blue sundress, her red locks glistening in the sunlight. She looked beautiful, amazing. She looked like an angel. Instantly, my heart warmed and I smiled at her.

"Where are you off to?" she asked.

I sighed, "Alana has Jax and I cleaning off the fences."

She giggled, "I swear you and that man were destined to be."

"Jax? Never," I laughed.

She moved to sit beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. My eyes fluttered closed, and I relaxed in the warmth of the summer day. A cool breeze brushed past us and I sighed softly. It was so peaceful out.

It was a peace I had hated while sitting in the back of her mind. I didn't understand why she choose to be happy when Maxwell was still out there. I didn't understand why she choose to sit and cuddle with this woman while the world was in ruins.

And yet now, I understood.

"Z-Zero," Lisa gasped again.

I blinked away the memory. I could feel the tears dripping down my face. Time felt so slow, I wasn't ready for this. My knees gave out, and I fell onto the hard ground beside her. First Sebastian and now I was losing Lisa too.

No.

No!

"W-We can cut it off," I whispered.

She laughed before coughing, "My shou-ulder?"

Right.

Damn it!

"Please don't die," I sobbed.

I was so distracted by Lisa, I hadn't even realized the large cat had returned. My head turned, but I had no fight left in me. I welcomed the attack. And yet, the cat didn't attack me. Instead, it limped over before laying down on the ground. It's large green cat eyes staring at me.

"I-I don't understand," I whispered.

Lisa snorted, "I-It likes you."

"He does," a voice suddenly said, "That's odd. Owl doesn't like people."

I looked up. Standing in front of us was a man dressed in dirty clothing and what looked like a deer skull mask, its antlers poking outwards. My eyes widened as I looked at him. In his hand was a long spear stick. A sudden protectiveness filled me, my eyes narrowed and a growl slid from my lips. The man stopped from coming any closer.

"I see now," he hummed, "Owl likes you, you're a predator too. He always picked the winning side. Smart ocelot. Your friend, is she bit?"

I nodded slowly, "So is your cat, from the looks of it."

"My name is Five," he stated, ignoring my comment, "I can help your friend."

I gasped, looking down at Lisa who had already passed out.

"How?" I asked softly.

Whatever the price, I would pay it for her.

The odd mystery man shrugged, "I'm Five."

"I get that!" I snapped, "How are you going to help Lisa?"

He said nothing for a moment, before reaching up to the collar of his shirt, before yanking it down. My eyes widened, my heart skipping a beat as it all became extremely clear what the man was getting at.