Twenty - Six |

Twenty – Six |

Spencer called this tent the government tent.

It was the heart of the Labyrinth, where meetings, elections and all the other commands are shaped. It was two roofs away from the cafeteria tent, and three away from the entrance.

In the government tent, despite the large size, there was only a few things. A form of four long tables in the center, surrounded by chairs then at the very front, near the flap there was a desk. A single lantern sat on the corner of the metal desk, with a large stack of papers in the middle.

Not only that but, excluding me, Leon, Jax, Cam, Spencer and a man whose name was Safea. We sit at the large tables, Leon to my left, Jax and Cam across from us and Spencer at the head of the table. Safea stands behind Spencer, holding a red binder.

"I've been thinking," Spencer starts off, "And I think at this time you need to go home. I've known Alana for many, many years now and this Landon threatens her position. I will send the supplies with a group to follow after you but with the carriage and the horses it will take longer."

"Is that the best option?" Jax sighed deeply.

She simply nodded.

"Why do you want them to go back so desperately?" Leon hummed.

All eyes turned to him and Spencer grimaced.

"There is no point in having warriors from the town of roses here when their mind is elsewhere. We'll just say next time I need assistance from the town of roses I will get it," she admitted.

We were silent and I knew she was right. Cam's gaze was far away, and Jax was so angry you could practically feel the waves of anger rolling off him. I'm sure I was the same – we all wanted to hurry back and slaughter Landon just as he slaughtered Cerci.

"We can take the cars there. It should take half a day then," Leon sighed.

"Good idea. Safea anything else I should add?" she paused, glancing back at him.

A frown plucked onto his face, "It'll rain again in the next few hours, your best bet is to wait until morning to leave."

"No. We are leaving tonight," Jax retorted.

Leon looked over at him, "What's the point of revenge if you're dead?"

"Who are you to speak – no one asked you to be here!" Jax snarled back.

I sank down in my seat, I've never seen Jax snap out of pure anger. Normally he's angry but not like this. Of course I understood it but I would be lying if I said it didn't scare me. Leon sighed deeply and exaggerated, before pulling a cigarette out and popping it into his mouth.

"You can't smoke in here," Safea muttered.

Leon ignored him, "I am someone who knows more than you'll ever know; I get the girl was important to you but killing us all off won't do any damn good."

Silence fell over us and Jax sat down, we knew Leon was right whether we liked it or not. Cam sighed softly, and Jax was set on glaring into his lap. The smoke from Leon's cigarette seemed to singe the air and we all waited for someone to break the silence. For someone to give us an order that would keep our anger at bay.

"For now you four just take the rest of the day to relax. Live the rest of today like it is your last because you never know what the future's going to hold," Spencer ordered rather gently.

Silence fell at her words, we all knew what she was implying. Or rather the lack of future she was implying. We could

 very well die over this and the question stood in the air like a heavy curse: was this revenge worth our lives?