Chapter 18: Explanation

CHAPTER 18

(1 week after she left Konoha)

Loren’s POV

I skidded in a halt in front of the forest, with my left leg slightly stretch in my side, my right leg slightly bend, and my right hand on top of my knee.

 It is only pass lunch so it is still bright. My fuchsia eyes stare at the inner forest that it can perceive, only a little amount of sunlight is being permitted by the spaces of the thick bushes of leaves. The trees are so tall that it is like nothing compared to any trees that I had encountered before of my whole life.

 A warm wind passes by me, although my head is still being protected by my hood from the sunrays. I could hardly hear the sound of the animals that were leaving inside the forest. The forest gives a feeling of darkness, gloominess, and danger.

Suddenly, a roar of an unknown beast caught my sensitive ears, it’s like they are informing that there is an intruder, which is me.

I did a second thought if I should still continue. I am not stupid enough to not notice the danger inside. I am still a woman and a teenager at that. But I am still determined to continue my goal.

‘I’ll manage’ I shrugged.

When I had earlier arrived in the Land of forest, I had someone confirmed that I came from Konoha. After that, I immediately went to the forest where the white serpent was last seen by the outside world. And now I am here.

“Here goes my snake hunting” I whispered to myself as I heightened my senses.

I activated Ametsuchi to widen my radius more. I narrowed my eyes and concentrated.  After a while, I disappeared from my previous spot, only leaving a dust on my wake.

Sasuke’s POV    (1 week and 3 days after Loren left)

The Kage’s are currently having their meeting inside the meeting room in the lower ground of the Hokage building, while the four of us. Me, Kakashi, Naruto, and Sai, are guarding outside not far from the door. But we can hear a muffled conversation, although their exclaims and shouts are clear on our hearing.

“HAHAHAHA!!!!  What did you just say!!? That girl is on mission and couldn’t spar with me? Are you not just hiding her because I might injure her!?” A deep, mighty, and raspy voice stated.

‘Raikage’ I darkly thought. ‘I never liked him’

“I guess he’s talking about Loren again, tsk, tsk, tsk” Kakashi commented while shaking his head from side to side slowly, but his attention is still on his book.

“Is the old guy always asking to fight with Loren-chan?” Naruto asked with a hint of amuse, his hands crossed behind his head.

I slightly frowned with the formality that Naruto added. ‘Chan?’