Chapter 12: First Chounin exam

CHAPTER 12

Loren’s POV

I woke up because of the sunlight that passed through the window and the bird chirping, sounding so musical.

I kept my eyes close and took my time to recollect about yesterday’s happening. About me almost completing my research, about my sparring with Kakashi-sensei, about Lee, and about considering this house as my home.

I opened my eyes and smiled a little to myself, then something hit me. I immediately sat up and snapped my head to the sides to look at the clock but only to gasp hard.

“Oh sh*t! the Chounin exam! It’s today! I’m gonna be late!”

I took a quick shower and dressed my usual combat cloths consisting of my white, short sleeveless kimono that as a black strap on the waist to hold it down and a metal ninja net underneath it, a black leather short shorts, a black ninja leggings, a black shinobi shoes that is open in the soles’ area and toe fingers, a white, elbow length fingerless gloves that has a metal in its knuckles. I had my hair tied I a high pony tail, and I didn’t forget to wear my black contact lenses.

“Wouldn’t  let the Kage’s knew about me right?” I mumbled to myself.

I tied my hitai-ate in my forehead ad strapped my weapon pouch to my right leg and one to my back waist. I also strapped my twin katana on my back in a criss-cross fashion. Now I’m ready to go. I walked out of my room and went down stair.

“Sasuke!?” I called.

No answer.

“Hmph! A knock on the door would help me a big time you know!” I yelled to no one in particular.

I teleported to a place where it is isolated but made sure that it is near the ninja academy, where the first test would take place. I walked to the gate and scanned the area and people. And there are a lot of them too!

“Whew! It sure is a lot!” I half-shouted.

“You still ain’t seen the examination room” someone spoke that made me jump.

I automatically shoved my right had to my weapon pouch and took a fighting stance. But I immediately recognised the man who startled me, Kakashi, who’s reading a small orange book with a title of Icha-Icha Paradise.

I closed my eyes and gathered up all the courage I could muster to stop myself from drawing my Kunai and stabbing him. I breathed in and out and relaxed my body.

“Sheesh! Please don’t startle me like that” I said in a low exasperated tone.

He only threw me a side glance a before concentrating in his book once again. He walked towards the entrance of the academy with me following him.

“You’re teammates are waiting for you in the examination room. Don’t want them to wait, do we?” he said I a sarcastic tone while mumbling the last part.

“Uhh, right” I sweat dropped.

I examined the area when a certain group of ninjas caught my attention. Naruto, Sasuke, Ino, Chouji, Hinata, and a stunned group consisting if Neji and Tenten, who’s staring at a smiling Lee. I noticed that his smile is so nice and natural, like it’s suppose to be that way

“He’s smiling. That’s good” I whispered as a small smile found its way to my mouth

“Would you look at that…! You’re right, he is smiling” Kakashi said before throwing me an amused side glance.

“I wonder why?” he asked as he raised his exposed eyebrow to me.

“Well, thanks to me I guess” I giggled.