Chapter 10: Little conflict and new team

Chapter 10

Sasuke's POV

Kakashi-sensei, Naruto, Sai, and I are standing in front of Lady Tsunade for our daily reporting, which takes place every evening.

"The meeting of all the Kage's had just ended his morning, so they'll be in their current places for the time being the Chounin exam will take place, which is two days from now" she said with her fingers intertwined and chin rested on them. She eyed us all then stopped at Kakashi-sensei.

"Kakashi, how's the situation with the Raikage?" she asked.

"Nothing much, just training and bickering I guess" Kakashi-sensei lazily answered.

"Hmmm, good. Sasuke, how about the Mizukage?" she asked as she brought her eyes to me.

"Not anything suspicious" I answered.

"Okaaaay..." she said while bobbing her head up and down.

"Now, Naruto how's the Kazekage?"

"Nothing much! Just working his ass off before I drag him off to hang out" Naruto said with his goofy grin.

"Drag!? Why would- you know what? I don't even want to talk about it. Sai, how's the Tsuchikage?" Lady Tsunade said while easing her irritation at Naruto's report.

"He's getting older so he's just staying at his place or having tea" Sai reported with his fake smile.

"Hey! Sai! Didn't I tell you!? Don't use that fake smile again! Dattebayo!" Naruto reprimanded.

"Sorry Naruto" Sai said, and this time, with a real smile.

"So, Sasuke" Lady Tsunade called that caught my attention back to her.

“How’s Loren?” she asked.

“She’s not at home for the past 3 days, except at night to sleep” I casually said.

“Huh? Where is she going?” she asked, a little impatient.

“She told me the other night that she’s going in the Library and researching.”

Flashback

I went home a little late because the Mizukage had asked me a favour. When I entered the house I noticed that it’s very dark, that it’ has no sign of a person living in it. Loren’s not at home for the past two days and I am getting a little suspicious.

I opened the light in the kitchen and drunk some water when I heard the main door click and open. I held a kunai in my right arm and kick in a fighting stance with my Sharingan open. I sneaked in the living room to see who came in when I heard someone spoke.

“No need to panic Sasuke. It’s just me” Loren said.

So I went to her but didn’t let my guard down. I checked if she really is Loren with my. She had her hands on her hips and eyes that show no fear.