"is this one of those... polygamous relationships?" she asks.

"yes," i say simply.

they all seem to be confused so jongin takes over and explains our situation. "(y/n) met chanyeol just over a year ago and instantly fell for him. as he felt the same, she introduced him to me because she felt bad that she liked somebody else. i was a little confused at first, i'd never encountered someone liking two people at the same time, but then when i met chanyeol, i understood.

"i slowly began to develop... feelings too and, to my surprise, so did chanyeol. we went out a couple of times then discussed how the relationship would continue.

"nine months ago we started dating and three months ago he officially moved in. it's been going very well and we're all really happy. we're not here asking your permission or anything, we're adults that can control our own feelings, we just wanted to let you know that from now on, there are three of us."

"exactly," i added. "you might see me and chanyeol being affectionate, or me and jongin, or even jongin and chanyeol, and it's totally okay. even if it bothers you, please just leave it alone and let us be. we all love each other and this is just how it's going to be."

we stop talking and for a few minutes, our parents are silent as they digest the information. i can feel chanyeol shaking nervously beside me so i link my arm through his and lace our fingers together again to try and calm him. when jongin catches on too, he strokes over chanyeol's hair, scratching at his scalp lightly.

"okay," my dad says, slowly trying to figure out what to say. "i can't say that i understand how this works and it is a little strange, but if you're happy then i have nothing against it."

i break out into a grin and very quickly everyone else agrees. i feel chanyeol relax beside me and i feel my heart finally settle in my chest. they're okay with it!

"it's really great to meet you, chanyeol, you're very handsome," my mom says.

chanyeol blushes and shyly looks down at his hands. "thank you, ma'am."

"please, call me 'mom', jongin does."

his face lights up and she smiles back at him, obviously already smitten. it wasn't hard to believe that he'd won her over so quickly, he's adorable and my mom loves adorable things.

she stands up and holds her arms out to him for a hug so he gets up and lets her pull him into her arms. jongin's mom hugs him next, before our dads shake his hand and welcome him to the family. it's really sweet to watch and when i turn to grin at jongin, he's watching chanyeol talk to our parents, a completely fond expression on his face.

"that went well," i say.

"very," he agrees. "thank god."

our parents stay for a few more hours, taking the time to get to know chanyeol which made me and jongin really happy, before finally leaving. after saying goodbye, jongin and i sit back down on the love seat and chanyeol lays down on our legs, head on jongin's lap and body on mine. he's too long so his legs are hanging over the armrest but he still looks pretty comfortable as he grins at us.

"they really like you, yeol," i say, tracing his abs through his shirt.

"i'm so glad," he says.

"it would be impossible not to like you," jongin whispers, playing with chanyeol's soft, curly brown hair. chanyeol grins and reaches up to grab the back of jongin's head and pull him into a kiss.

when he pulls away after a few seconds, he puckers his lips at me so i lean over and kiss him too.

"i love you," i say to both of them, taking their hands in mine.

"i love you, too," jongin says, leaning over to kiss me. "and i love you, chanyeol."

chanyeol grins, a pretty pink blush on his cheeks, and says it back.

"alright, as cute and romantic as this all is, i've got to go to work," jongin says, a little pout on his lips. chanyeol pouts back but sits up and allows jongin to get up.

"you two behave, okay?" he says, glaring at us playfully. "i'll be back in a few hours."

"yes, sir!" i say, saluting him. he rolls his eyes but leans down to place a kiss on both of our lips.

"love you both."

he leaves the apartment and i throw my body on chanyeol's, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"shall we watch a movie?" i ask.

"yeah!" he agrees cheerily. we move to the big couch and chanyeol lays on it face up before pulling me to lie on his chest. i tuck a blanket around us while chanyeol flips through the movies on netflix. when we finally settle on one, i barely make it ten minutes in before i begin to drift off in his arms.

with one small kiss on chanyeol's chest, i let my eyes close and fall asleep in his warmth, feeling light and happy from the day's excitement. i'm so happy.

i hope you guys like this! i'm absolutely in love with this relationship 😍