Chapter 45

Leigh and Christopher had been talking on the phone every night since he arrived in New York. He made sure to call her each night even if it was just for a few minutes to tell her good night before bed. They would also text each other throughout the day when they could. Leigh had been sending Christopher pictures of Chase during his photoshoot to get his opinion and ideas of poses that they could use. She had not passed on the information to Christopher about Jackson moving into their building yet. She figured she should probably wait and tell him about that during their nightly phone call. As she was getting into bed her phone rang.

"Hello," Leigh says happily.

"Hey babe," Christopher says. "How did the rest of the photoshoot go? Were you able to convince Chase to do the Camden Brothers calendar yet?" he asks playfully.

"No, not yet. I think it is safe to say that you will be the only model in the family, for now, " Leigh replies laughing. "It was fun watching Chase trying to sit thru all of those poses. Jayden did a really good job with the pictures. So how was your day?" she asks.

"It was good. I had a shoot this morning that went well, then grabbed lunch with some of the other people from the shoot. It was nice to have some people to hang out with after work. When I had originally decided to move here, I thought I would be able to spend time with Chase again. Instead, I am here all alone missing you, and my brother," he says sadly.

"I understand. That's how I felt when I moved here. Then I met you, and Jayden. Also, now thanks to Chase I have spent more time around Harrison too. He and Jayden seem to be getting a lot closer, so I guess I will still get to see him after Chase moves back to New York. This place is starting to feel like home. I just wish that you were here too. I'm glad that you're making new friends there too though," she says.

"Me too babe. So how did things go today at work with that Jackson guy? Did he bother you?"

"No, he didn't bother me at work. I saw him at lunch for a few minutes. Actually, that's probably the only time I will see him at work. He is going to be really busy trying to get his movie back on schedule. Speaking of Jackson there is something that I need to tell you though."

"You sound worried. What's going on Leigh?" Christopher asks.

"Remember how I told you that I helped Jackson check out some apartments the other day?"

"Yeah," he replies hesitantly.

"Well, he didn't tell me that he was also going to be looking at an apartment here in our building."

"No fucking way! He is not moving into our building." Leigh stays quiet for a second. "Leigh are you still there?" Christopher asks.

"He's already signed a lease. We found out tonight when we ran into him coming out of the building," she quietly explains.

"So did you tell him that he couldn't live there?" Christopher asks trying to calm down. He doesn't want to take his frustrations out on Leigh.

"Yeah, I told him that I was not happy about it, but there is not a lot that I can do about it. He had already signed a three-month lease. The apartment that he is renting is upstairs, so at least he's not on the same floor as us. He promised to give me my space."

"This guy is unbelievable," Christopher says annoyed.

"Look I'm not happy about it, but I don't think he's trying to take advantage of the situation. He told us that he just really likes the neighborhood, and he likes the fact that he would know people in the building. Jackson is on the road a lot and doesn't get to see his friends much. Living in a place where he knows people just makes it feel more like home I guess. After I got over my initial shock about it, I believe him. It's kind of like we were talking about earlier. It sucks to be in a new place all alone with no one to hang out with. We will make it work, and it's only for three months."