Chapter 4

The next day at the wedding reception Chase tried to keep his distance from Leigh. He stayed pretty busy greeting wedding guests and participating in all of the traditional wedding fan fair for his sister.

Finally, he just had to step outside for some fresh air and a beer. Grabbing a beer he heads out to the balcony. As he takes a long pull from his beer he looks out at the Atlanta skyline.

He forgot how pretty it was here at night. Of course, there's nothing like Times Square, but sometimes there's also no place like home. Someone else comes out onto the balcony, and he hears a voice that he now knows so well.

"If I didn't know better, I would think you are trying to avoid me tonight," Leigh says.

He turns around, and there she is dressed in a fitted black dress that hugs all of her curves. The heels that she has on make her legs look even sexier than he remembered from last night.

He had been avoiding her, but that didn't keep him from watching her all night in that dress and those heels.

"Hello, gorgeous. I've just been busy doing my brotherly duties on my sister's big day. Plus I'm sure my brother wouldn't like it if I tried to steal the prettiest girl in the room away from him again."

"I don't know about that," Leigh says "But thank you for the compliment."

"What trouble in paradise already," Chase says.

"Like we said last night we're just friends. We do enjoy spending time together, but we aren't in a relationship. I don't think Christopher wants that. I'm not going to push him into anything he doesn't want."

Thinking about what Christopher had told him yesterday, Chase nods. Maybe Christopher is not as into Leigh as Chase had originally thought.

"Anyway, sorry to ruin the mood by talking about all of this serious stuff," Leigh says.

"I just wanted you to know that you don't have to avoid me to keep from making Christopher mad. I enjoy talking to you. I would hate to think if you ever do come back to Atlanta to visit, that we couldn't spend time around each other because of Christopher."

He would love to spend more time with her and get to know her better. However, he will have to leave the reception soon to get to the airport. He had already booked his flight home tonight.

"I really have enjoyed meeting this weekend Leigh," Chase says. "I wish we could spend more time getting to know each other, but unfortunately I am going home tonight."

"I am so glad that Christopher asked me to come to the wedding this weekend to meet all of you. It's great to meet some new people outside of work. We work a lot of crazy hours on set as you know, so sometimes it's hard to get out and meet new people. I am totally serious though if you are ever back in Atlanta please come by for a visit. We can at least go get some coffee. I promise I will try not to spill it all over you."

Chase couldn't help but smile at her heartfelt words. At that moment all he could think was Christopher is a fool if he lets Leigh slip through his fingers. If she lived in New York he wouldn't hesitate to ask her out on a date.

"I promise that if I am ever back in Atlanta, I will definitely come by and knock on your door for a visit. We will go get that cup of coffee for sure."