Chapter 6

Around noon she heard someone knocking on the door. When she opened the door there he was leaning against the door frame.

"Hello gorgeous," Chase says. "I know I am a little late for breakfast, but how about that cup of coffee that you promised me awhile back."

Leigh couldn't help but smile back at him. He looked so much like Christopher that it did hurt her heart for a second to look at him. She had decided not to dwell on being sad that Christopher was gone. His decision to leave wasn't Chase's fault, so no need to take it out on him.

The best thing to do was to help Chase enjoy his time here while he worked on the movie. So she grabbed her purse off of the table by the door, and said "Sure, let's go." Then grabbed Chase's hand pulling him towards the hallway taking Chase by surprise.

"Wait, hold on a second," he said quickly dropping his bags inside her apartment and followed her out the door.

They headed for the coffee shop. Once they were settled in at the coffee shop, Chase asked "Are you really ok with me being here? I don't want to upset you by reminding you of Christopher every time you see me. I know that must have been hard for you two saying your goodbyes last night."

"Yeah it was hard, and I will be upset about him leaving for a while. I'm not going to take that out on you by ignoring you the whole time you're here. We already had this discussion about never avoiding each other again remember."

Chase remembered and had really hoped she still felt that way.

"Anyway while you're here I want you to know things don't need to be awkward between us because of Christopher. If you get bored and want to hang out you know where to find me."

"We will both have crazy hours at the studio so we may not even see each other that often anyway. Maybe we will run into each other at work since they are filming your movie at the studio where I work. I just want you to know that I am ok, and no need to worry about me."

"Christopher told me that you two are going to try to stay in touch thru email and phone calls. Are you ok with that?" Chase asks.

"Right now unfortunately it's all I've got, so I have to at least try. I know he left to pursue his career, but it still hurts that he could leave me so easily. I know he cares about me, but not enough to stay."

"Did you ask him to stay?" Chase asks.

"No, Leigh says. I would never ask him to choose between me and his career. I wouldn't ask him to pass up this opportunity."

Once again he was reminded of how much of a fool he thought Christopher was to let this girl slip through his fingers.

So with that thought, he agreed with Leigh. He decided while he was here they would spend time getting to know each other better and have some fun while doing it. No matter what he had to do, he would take Leigh's mind off of Christopher leaving.

"You should come over for dinner tonight," Leigh says as they walk back into her apartment. "Christopher never has any food in his fridge. I'm sure you would like to get some rest after your flight."

Handing him Christopher's keys Leigh says, "Go get unpacked and take a nap. Just relax, and come back over around 6:00. I will take care of the rest."

Chase eagerly agreed, even though the thought of taking a nap right now while looking at her seemed impossible.

Leigh gave him her cell number and told him to call her if he needed anything. He said he would and immediately saved her number into his contact list under the name Gorgeous.

After he went inside Christopher's apartment he quickly sent her a text saying, "Hello gorgeous I thought you might like to have my number too. In case you ever need me for anything. I am at your service day or night."

She replied back, "Rolling my eyes at you, but I will keep that in mind. Go to bed and get some rest."

He replied, "Ok ok, see you at 6:00."

He laid down on Christopher's bed and tossed and turned thinking about her. Then the thought came to his mind, had she and Christopher been together in this bed. He wouldn't be able to sleep there until he found out, so he got up and went to the couch.

Thanks so much for reading my book!
Please vote and make comments to let me know what you think!
Keep on going to the next chapter!