Chapter 17

Leigh woke up the next morning wishing she hadn't insisted that she and Chase go to the gym today. I know we need to go. After last night I just don't feel like it, Leigh thought to herself. I better text Chase and tell him, or he will be over here soon knocking on my door.

That's when she heard it, knock, knock, knock. She knew exactly who it was without even opening the door. "Good Lord does this man ever sleep late," Leigh says as she gets out of bed.

Leigh opens the door, and there he is looking hot as always. He is dressed in shorts and a tank top that shows off all of his muscles. "Morning gorgeous, you ready to go work out?" Chase asks smiling.

"Uh no," Leigh says leaving the door open and walking back into the kitchen.

"What? You were the one who wanted to go," Chase says.

"Yeah I wanted to go, but not at the crack ass of dawn Chase. Do you ever sleep late?" she asks.

"Whoa someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Chase says laughing.

"Shut up before I smack you. I just need coffee." Chase looks at Leigh with a worried look.

"I'm just kidding, come in and have a seat while I start the coffee," Leigh says.

"So what's up why are you in such a bad mood this morning?"

"Well let's see I had kind of a shitty night last night," Leigh starts. "You see the guy that I am kind of seeing moved to New York and said hey I will call you then blew me off. Then I went next door to hang out with my annoying neighbor, why I don't know, Leigh says rolling her eyes. "Then the jerk spilled beer all over my favorite shirt."

"What oh my god Leigh I didn't know it was your favorite. I am so sorry. I will replace it for you. Let's go shopping instead of the gym."

"I'm just kidding. It is not my favorite shirt," she says laughing.

"Oh well on second thought that shirt was kind of ugly. I didn't want to say anything about it and hurt your feelings," Chase says as he ducks out of the way just in time as a sofa pillow goes flying by his head.

"Better work on that aim Miss Jenson." She is about to grab another pillow to launch at him when Chase comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her trapping her.

"Now, now Miss Jenson you need to calm down, and put down the pillow," Chase says sweetly. "I don't know what has gotten you all riled up, but I think we definitely need to go to the gym to work out some of this tension."

"Chase let me go," Leigh yells.

"Do you promise to be nice, and stop trying to hurt me with flying pillows?" Chase asks.

"Fine," Leigh huffs. As he lets her go she turns around and smacks him on his arm.

"Ow," Chase says acting like she hurt him.

"What did I hurt your big bad muscles?" Leigh asks laughing.

"Oh you noticed my muscles did ya, good to know gorgeous," Leigh rolls her eyes at him and goes to check on the coffee.

"So what's the matter? Did you not sleep well? I thought you would sleep great after those couple of beers you had with me last night."

"Well after I got out of the shower I saw that Christopher had called," Leigh says.

"Did you call him back?"

"Nope, I dried my hair and went to bed."

"Really?" Chase asks surprised.