Chapter 30

Leigh wakes up the next morning after a restless night's sleep. She tossed and turned all night wondering how she was going to deal with Jackson once he got here.

She needed to figure out what to tell Christopher about Jackson, and how to keep Chase from wanting to knock Jackson out every time that he saw him. "What a mess," Leigh says.

She decides to go ahead and call Christopher now, and tell him everything that she had told Chase about Jackson. Then she tells him Jackson is moving to Atlanta to work on the movie that Chase is working on. Christopher was not happy at all.

"That's it. I'm coming home! I am not letting this guy get away with this bullshit Leigh," he says loudly.

"He is not getting away with anything Christopher. He is being transferred here for work."

"Well that may be true, but I'm sure he jumped at the chance to move there. That way he can be close to you again, and try to win you back," Christopher says sarcastically.

"I'm not staying here, and letting him come there to try to take you away from me."

"Christopher, that's not going to happen. Jackson and I are just friends now. I have moved on with you, and he knows that. You have nothing to worry about," she says.

"I wish that were true Leigh," Christopher says sadly.

"What are you saying? Are you saying you don't trust me? I thought we already talked about this," she says.

"No that is not what I meant. I was talking about the worrying part. Lately, I feel like that is all that I do. I worry about whether or not I made the right decision moving here. I worry about doing a good job and making sure I am successful while I am here. Most of all I worry about losing you because we never get to see each other anymore," he says sounding frustrated.

"Now on top of my brother getting to spend all his time with you instead of me, this Jackson guy is going to be trying to do the same thing. I just want to come home, and be with you. Then everything can go back to the way it used to be before I left," he says.

"Then you would never know what you could have accomplished while you were there. I don't want you to wake up next to me one morning with regrets, and resent me for keeping you from your dream," she says.

"As long as I get to wake up next to you every morning I would be living a dream. I would have no regrets," Christopher says sweetly.

"You don't know how much that means to me to hear you say that. I know you mean it, but you are not coming home. You're going to see this thru," she says.

"I didn't mean to give you something else to worry about. I just don't want any secrets between us. I wanted to be honest with you about what was going on here," Leigh says.

"But Leigh," Christopher says.

"No, you are staying there in New York. I will handle Jackson, and trust me if he gets out of line Chase is more than willing to take him out for me."

"Yeah while I appreciate my brother being willing to help out, and defend your honor I still don't like that he knew all about Jackson before I did," he says.

"Well to be honest he asked about him, and you didn't," Leigh says.

"You just seemed like you didn't want to talk about him so I didn't push you to go into detail," Christopher says.

"I know, and I appreciate you always trying to give me space until I am ready to tell you things. I wish I didn't have to tell you about it now. The whole situation back then was just so embarrassing," Leigh says sighing.

"I was betrayed by one of the most important people to me at the time. Someone who told me he loved me, and I thought that was enough. Anyway can we just talk about something else?" she asks.

"Yes please," Christopher says.

"So I do need your advice about how to handle dinner tonight at your parents," Leigh says.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot about your date with my brother tonight," he says sarcastically.

"Christopher....it is not a date. As a matter of fact, your mother is the one that asked me to come. She seems so lonely in that big house. I kind of feel like if I go then that ensures that Chase will go. You know what I mean?" Leigh asks.

"Yeah if he had to go alone Chase would probably come up with an excuse to not go," Christopher says.

"So how do I keep your dad and your brother from trying to kill each other during dinner?" she asks.

"Well since it is your first dinner party at their house dear old dad will probably be on his best behavior. He will however make plenty of under-handed snide remarks to try to get Chase riled up," he says.

"Just try to keep Chase calm. Even though I don't really like it, you seem to have a way with him. He listens to you, and hopefully, you can keep him from doing or saying something stupid."

"My father just doesn't like the fact that he can't control us anymore. As much as I would love to have dinner with you tonight, that is one dinner party that I am glad I am missing out on," Christopher says chuckling.

"Well, I guess I better go. I have to meet your biggest fan at the spa in 30 minutes," Leigh says laughing.

"Ah yes, Jayden. At least Chase hasn't taken her away from me," Christopher says proudly.

"Well...." Leigh says.

"What the hell! Has Chase hooked up with Jayden?" Christopher asks irritated.

"Wow, jealous much?" Leigh asks.

"You know that is not what I meant," he says.

"No, Chase has not hooked up with Jayden. She does think he is hot, but he will never replace you in her heart."

"Damn straight," Christopher says.

"We did however introduce her to Harrison last night when we dropped off Chase to pick up his car."

"Let me guess a so-called chance meeting," he says.

"Well yeah neither one of them saw it coming," she says.

"Yeah right more like they were too interested in hooking up later that night to care about you and Chase's lame attempt at matchmaking," he says.

"Well she drove him home last night after we all went for pizza, and before you say anything Jayden invited them to come with us to eat not me. I can't wait to get the scoop when I see her at the spa," Leigh says.

"Harrison is a good guy, they will make a good couple. I hope it works out for them even if she is breaking my heart," Christopher says laughing.

"Good luck with your photoshoots today. Send me some selfies if you get a chance. I miss getting to see you in action while you are striking a pose," she says.

"I would love to do that. Clothing will be optional of course," Christopher says in that sexy voice.

Thanks for reading my book! Please make sure to vote, and post comments to let me know what you think!
Keep going to the next chapter!